Urch Forums

#108: Some people believe that the best way of lea

Erin

#108: Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of learning about life. Which do you think is preferable? Use specific examples to support your preference.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody. Here is my essay. Any comments welcome.

#108: Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of learning about life. Which do you think is preferable? Use specific examples to support your preference.

As many people as many life's story. It means that every person has his/her own life way, which is different from others. And it is usually hard to give a peace of advice based on your own experience because it could be inappropriate decision for anybody else. Moreover, there is no other way for people to make sure that his decision is right or true than to try it and see a result. Otherwise, there always would be the doubts whether that decision was right or wrong. Hence, I suppose that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. However, I do believe that sometimes a good advice can be very beneficial and useful for the person.

Usually, the first advisors in our lives are our parents. They feel the right to advise their children what is the best decision. Their love and intuition help them to do it. However, children do not want to accept their parents’ advice and often think that their decisions are the best. With time they can see if that decision was right or wrong. Through their new experience they learn and get life wisdom. It is said that people learn through their mistakes. Bad experience is much more memorable and valuable than a good one because next time when person has a similar situation he/she would never repeat his previous mistakes.

However, sometimes a good advice can help one avoid many problems and huge expenses. For example, one friend of mine planned to buy a maid service franchise and start his own business. Everything seemed very good and fair. The seller of that business persuaded him to do it and promised fast profit. But he did not mention that my friend would not be able to set up his own company for 6 years. Fortunately, a woman who has already bought it and was very unhappy because of that rule advised my friend not to buy the franchise. Finally, he was very grateful for the woman’s advice. So, people can learn also by listening to advice.

In conclusion, although listening to advice and following them might be useful and advantageous but personal experience, especially people’s mistakes, is much more valuable and memorable way of learning about life.

Hi, Tetyana.

Tidy organization and good grammer.

I love this essay.

Yet from a reader's point of view, It may be more legible.

However, children do not want to accept their parents’ advice and often think that their own decisions are the best.

Fortunately, a woman who has had already bought it and was very unhappy because of that rule advised my friend not to buy the franchise.

• 4 months later...

According to my vision of life, getting advice from someone and following up their opinions or not giving voice to advices, instead drawing your own way of life is a variable situation and depends on it's circumstance.Because as the case may be there might be two choices and one of them could be only right.In addition to these two ideas, I generally prefer drawing my own line because merely a person could give whether which option is right or not valid to hiself/herself.

Therefore, I mostly make my own decision by myself but not before thinking it clearly on my mind and filtering.As for the decesions I receive from my family or friends, of course I evaluate them but not as enthusiasticaly as I am assessing my own ideas.Because they can't know everything what will eligible for me.Their sight is just regarding their thoughts not mine.

Nevertheless, now and then I find my opinion weak beside my friend or family's opinion, in that case I avail myself of their knowladge as admiting my fault on that condition.Even so I am in the belief of self-decision's power usually surpasses ambient advices that come from your relatives.

Consequently, the right way to verify your idea or opinion is by thinking it and consulting it to a certain sage people.After comparing the outcome between your sight and the other person's sight you should make your decision and come to a conclusion in a safe way.

If you evaluate my essay as soon as possible I'd be very glad. Thanx.:)