Urch Forums

When I will get a relief from post moderation

Skychild

Dear Moderators,

Due to infringe forum rules my posts are moderating by you for several days. I've perceived my faults intuitively and now want to get a relief. When I am going to post something in any thread, every time I am getting this message:

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

Please consider me as a human and I will be cautious about forum rules from next time.

I expect your careful consideration about my apology and please reverse my infractions.

Regards,

Zahir

Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hello Skychild,

You can look at your profile to see when your infractions expire. In your case, your copyright infraction expires on August 18, 2011. Your posts will be moderated until then.

I see that you have also posted under two other usernames, musta and Zerin (a new name). It is strictly against forum rules to create a new account to post or use other forum features when you have been placed in the moderation queue. I am going to ban both of your other accounts. You may continue to post as Skychild, but your posts will be moderated in accordance with forum policies for copyright violations. If you create another new account, I will ban both that account and your Skychild account. I'm sorry if these rules seem harsh, but complying with forum policy, especially about copyright issues, is essential. We do our best to approve moderated posts as quickly as possible, so I hope you'll continue to participate in TestMagic in accordance with forum rules.

Hi asquare,

My posts have violated forum rules and for that reason I have no complain regarding my posts moderation. But you should not blame anyone without knowing his/her contribution in that specific task. If you confirm that individual willingly perpetrate in that wrong doing then you can claim against him/her. How you can say that I have posted under two other user names ? Now, it is strictly against humanity and of course, against anyone's personality to blame someone, whether that person is not responsible for that task at all.

Well, it is painful to me to be unjustly accused. I do not know who is Zerin or musta. But according to your claim, I can suspect that those members are using internet from the common ip proxy server. In our country, everyone can not get the single ip or dedicated ip because of cost. That's why ISP provide us several proxy ip under a single ip which cost cheaper and affordable. For example, if you check my ip, you can see that my ip is 115.69.208.68. But, this ip is divided into 8 different users and my allocated ip is 192.168.203.48. Accordingly, I am using a wireless router in my flat and that proxy ip again distributed to 4 internet users who are my family members in my flat (e.g: I'm getting ip:192.168.0.2 in my laptop)

Now, I don not know whether you can understand my situation or not, but you should not blame anyone without knowing the fact properly. I believe Test Magic is very famous for it's bulk of important information and guidance. I expect it's highest excellence in maintenance and rules fabrication.

I hope those honorable members will not suffer anymore for this misapprehension.

Regards,

Zahir

Hi Skychild,

Yes, the IP address is one way that we use when deciding whether or not we think a member is using multiple accounts. In this case, I also looked at the posts under the three usernames. All three usernames posted on similar topics. "Skychild" and "Zerin" posted links to the same Photobucket account, and used virtually the same subject for a thread ("simple but confused about answer").

I'm willing to give the account "musta" the benefit of the doubt because it was created before "Skychild" was placed in moderation, and I've lifted that ban. However, given that the account "Zerin" was created after "Skychild" was placed in moderation, that "Zerin" uses extremely similar structure and titles when posting, and that "Zerin" and "Skychild" have used the same Photobucket album, I'm not going to lift the ban on the username "Zerin."

Hi asquare,

This is really an enigmatic scenario. According to your information, I have checked Zerin's thread and surprised by observing some similarities. However, I had collected some problems from Dr. Raju's forum and uploaded them in TM to solve. If you consider to see the fact that every pictures uploaded through phtobucket in Dr. Raju's forum and if anyone face any problem in solving those problems, he/she will copy that from "quote" and paste in TM by opening a new thread. So, this similarity is not blatant and rather, it's just a mysterious play of circumstances.

Today, I have spent much of my time in endeavoring to unravel this fallacy. Hope I have succeeded to acquit myself from the conviction of engaging in multi posting under different user id.

Take care. Cheers !

Hi Skychild,

These forums are moderated by regular people who make judgement calls to keep things running smoothly. In my judgement and based on my experience, posting on the same threads, from the same IP address, using the same phrases and the same photobucket account, and creating a new account right after one was placed under moderation, all add up to look like a duplicate account. I could be wrong, but that is my thought process and that is why I have left the ban in place for the username Zerin.

Frankly, if I am wrong, then this this issue no longer involves you. Your posts are moderated because of your copyright violation, and as explained in my first reply, they will remain under moderation until August 18, 2011. We will attempt to approve posts that comply with TM rules as quickly as possible.