Urch Forums

Please help me prepare a good study resource

PN03

Hi, I just register to the forum. Its looks like a great source for GMAT tips so here I am.

Here is a bit of background:

I only took the GMAT once, it was on March 28th. Granted I didn't prepare as well as I should have I got a 440 (33Q, 16V). It was a shock to me for on my Prep exam I got 590, 610.

As you can see I need to improve my verbal significantly, and improve my math as well. I am shooting for 650+

Here are my study books so far:

- Amazon.com: The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review: Books

- Amazon.com: The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review: Books

- Amazon.com: The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 11th Edition: Graduate Management Admission Council: Books

And all of the Manhattan GMAT Prep Books

- Amazon.com: manhattan gmat

- And I have downloaded the Free GMAT Prep Kit from the mba.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I like some suggestions for SC especially, are they any stellar resources to help me in SC?

- I think the math is very well explained on the Manhattan Gmat Books, I have to review those more. But if you have other suggestions, please direct me.

- Finally, I need LOTS of sample real GMAT questions so I can constantly test myself, I am talking about thousands of questions to get the swing of things.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions, I really can't bare another lame score. The first one was such a disappointment I couldn't eat for the day. :mad:

so you have CR, RC and SC books?

Powerscores Critical Reasoning Bible?

Manhattan Gmat Critical Reasoning?

Manhattan GMAT Reading Comprehension?

Manhattan Sentence Correction?

Kaplan verbal workbook?

you definately need more materials to study and practice with.

The guides are useless for an overview i think hence why something like Princeton Cracking the Gmat is good because its not a bad read and it gives a nice overall overview and introductions and explanations. Then you could try some of those guides and finally the last thing would be the OFFICIAL GUIDES.

looks like you not to improve 2.5 times more in verbal and about 1.5 times more in quantitative.

so you have CR, RC and SC books?

Powerscores Critical Reasoning Bible?

Manhattan Gmat Critical Reasoning?

Manhattan GMAT Reading Comprehension?

Manhattan Sentence Correction?

Kaplan verbal workbook?

Hello, Thanks for replying

Yes I have:

Manhattan Gmat Critical Reasoning

Manhattan GMAT Reading Comprehension

Manhattan Sentence Correction

I don't have:

Powerscores Critical Reasoning Bible

Kaplan verbal workbook

The guides are useless for an overview i think hence why something like Princeton Cracking the Gmat is good because its not a bad read and it gives a nice overall overview and introductions and explanations. Then you could try some of those guides and finally the last thing would be the OFFICIAL GUIDES.

Thanks, I'll try that approach.

btw I have the 11th Editor for the OG (Big Orange Book), Is it worth investing in the 12th Edition? (Red One).

Since u have the manhattan books i dont think u need the powerscore bible unless u dont like it etc

Maybe the princeton book + either Kaplan Verbal Workbook (they also have maths if u need more help) OR Manhattan review verbal workbook+solutions book.

the new og12 has some new verbal questions etc.