Urch Forums

IELTS band score 8

helal

Dear Readers & Teachers,

I am planning to sit for the IELTS exam in next month or early May, 2011. I attempted several time to sit for the exam but failed to manage time, however, this time I already registered.

Would you please give me some advise on how can I score 8 or likely. For your kind information I took Cambridge 7 and found that I can score 7.5 - 7.0 in listening and 7.0 in reading section.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

A lot of IELTS candidates find it difficult to manage their time in the IELTS Reading and Writing tests. It's not easy to look at all three sections of the reading test and answer all 40 questions in one hour; and it's difficult to complete both writing tasks in the time allowed.

One tip for the IELTS Reading test is don't get stuck on the difficult questions.

Because each of the 40 questions is worth the same, it’s important that you spend most of your time answering the questions you do understand because they are the ones you are most likely to get right.

For some more advice about how to manage your time in the IELTS Reading and Writing tests, check out the blog posts 'Where to start?' and 'Where to start? (2)'.

Best wishes,

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hi

We've posted a couple of videos on our IELTS preparation blog and Youtube channel about how to get an IELTS 8.0 in the different IELTS skills: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.

For the videos on IELTS Reading and IELTS Listening, we interviewed an IELTS candidate who recently got an 8.0 in both of these parts.

Check out the videos at:

'How I got an IELTS Reading band score 8.0'

'How I got an IELTS Listening band score 8.0'

Best wishes,

Pete

To hit 8, you need to be "bloody" good.

Always remember: You can score FULL in the listening and reading sections. Take that to your advantage.

As far as writing and speaking go, you need to strive hard - if you are not 'that' good. And the only way to go - practice, practice practice. Look up sample topics, write your stuff and get them graded. And try speaking in English as much as possible.

They don't come easy.

Good luck!

Hi

I've just added two more videos to our series of IELTS band score 8.0 videos.

Check them out at:

'IELTS Speaking band score 8.0 - Inga'

'How to get a band score 8.0 in IELTS Writing task 2'

In the first video, you’ll see an IELTS Speaking band score 8.0 candidate – Inga from Russia – answer some IELTS Speaking Part 3 questions on the topic of ideas in the workplace.

In the second video, you'll see me explaining what you need to do to get an IELTS band score 8.0 in IELTS Writing task 2.

Hope you find them useful,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
To get 8 band in each module you have to practice each module properly..Reading and listening section are most important while speaking section can be improve through group discussion on different topics..writing section is also important need lot of practice..

• 4 months later...