Urch Forums

Can Cancelled scores be used?

chana

If you canceled at the center, then you can't use it. I'm a bit confused as to why you have the scores though. I thought that if you cancel your score, you can't find out your score.

I saw my scores at the end of the test.After that I cancelled it.I dunno know if I can use it now..

I am really skeptical that you can cancel your scores after seeing them. Do you mean to say that you did not send them to any universities?

From the GRE website:

At the end of the test, you will be given the option to cancel your scores. You cannot cancel your score for one section of the test and have the scores for the remaining sections reported. Although you have the option to cancel your scores, consider very carefully before doing so. Your scores will be reported to GRE score recipients only at your request. If you cancel your scores, they will NOT be reported to you or any score recipients, and no refund will be made. Canceled scores are not added to your permanent record. If you wish to take the test again, you must reregister and submit another test payment.

chana - don't try to make a chana out of us. So you are telling that you completed your last question, paused the exam, got some tea, confirmed to see the score, say for example saw 1100, pondered for 1 hour as to keep it or dump it and then finally decided tocancel the score.. haha!

You should have paid extra registeration charges for this kind of service. Please give us the ETS link so that I could do the same in Dec, when I plan to take this nasty exam.

Thanks you guys for all the help..Wanna1600/Golddust- here's a debrief of what happened.

I ran out of time in my Quant test after which was the verbal.I was so bogged by the quant that I din want to proceed with the test.I went and told the Proctor that I want to cancel the test.He suggested that I sit through the verbal, see my score and that the scores will not be sent to the Universities.I did as he said-completed my test-I got at 620 in Quant and 680 in my verbal.

Now,is this counted as a canceled score?Can I use this score?Could you please tell me if i have to retake the test.

Please Advice!

This is most definitely not a cancelled score. Since you got to see your score, it means that your scores are valid. I am assuming that you did not choose any universities to send your scores to.

So, to answer your questions, this is not a cancelled score. If you are happy with your score, you do not need to retake the test and can use your present score.

Cancelling is defined as leaving the test incomplete, or choosing not to view your scores after finishing the last section.

what score did you get chana? - You seem happy not taking this crappy test again. Share some of your prep techniques with us.

I got a 1300...After a lotta thinking I plan on giving it another shot coz I had worked super hard for it and had done way better in my practice tests.

Also I plan to apply to courses that look out for Math scores and that was the section i bungled up!

For verbal BIGBOOK s the bible- Gives you a perfect standard.

But Math is trickier - I would nt say tougher.I foolishly spent 6 minutes on the second qt which was really simple..But i went brain dead in the test after that.

I did the GMAT official guide for Quant.I think its got tougher qts that kinda give you practice to improve your flow of thought.

For more info do vist GOLDUST and other people...They are really insightful.

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gre/93099-1570-gre-v-770-q-800-awa-awaited.html

• 2 months later...

hi,

I want to reinstate my cancelled scores which I did in haste. I regret for the decision and I am happy that I can reinstate. I referred to the site that was provided by jk101. But it's not clear. How do I make the payment? I see no interface to enter credit card details and is there any online form that I should fill up?

I also don't understand that part that states "you may not choose to have only those scores from a specific test date reported". I am worried.

Thanks.