Urch Forums

From where should i begin?

eldana

I am planning to take Toefl-ibt for the first time.I would be grateful if somebody point out from where to begin preparation.Which books to get and the study habit I should adapt to like preparing for months for short hours per day or just give it undivided attention for a month or so and take the exam.

thank you

Thank you for your response Tino.My Toefl goal is the one needed for foreign pharmacy graduate.English is my second language.I am planning to join the classes your company give online.But before I do that I want to build up my ability and confidence to certain level.I would appreciate it greatly if you could give me recommendations on the type of books that I should start preparation.I have in my possession 2006-2007 Barrons is this book good? Which book has instruction and not only exercise on writing and speaking?

Barrons is OK, and if you already have it, use it. Be aware that the Reading and Listening a a bit easier than the real TOEFL, and the Speaking parts are not exactly the same on the real TOEFL, but pretty close. For the price, a good one is Cambridge CD-ROM, that is about $20 and has a lot of material, and it will make you used to using the computer for the test.

Tino