Urch Forums

Got trouble searching ....

ochre_12

Hello Erin,

The search fnc aint workin..I tried searching for posts containin the word "Syracuse" in www.urch.com...It didnt return any result..the word is thre in one of my posts itself!!

When i do a search, is it d title of d thread thts bein searchd for or d contents as well? I think it wud b bettr if contnets were also included in d search..

It's kind of hard to read your message with all the abbreviations...

I just searched that term and got 54 results. Can you try again?

Oh, were you using the Google search or the forum search? The Google search will be different, of course.

Yeah i was using google search....

Thanx Erin...I didnt know there's a forum search as well..

if am not being very inquisitive can i know why Google search is here ?i don understand...

if am not being very inquisitive can i know why Google search is here ?i don understand...
The feedback forum is where you can ask any question you want about the forum, and this question is a perfect one.

But first--if you look up, a little to the right, you'll see a search function that looks something like this:

Search http://www.www.urch.com/forums/images/misc/menu_open.gif

If you click on that, you can search our forums very easily.

The reason I have added a Google search function is quite simple--Google does the best job of searching. The only problem, however, is that Google hasn't spidered our entire forum, meaning Google won't search all of our forum, only parts of it.

The forum search function, on the other hand, will search the entire database, but it doesn't do such a good job of searching.

I just did a few tests, and it seems that our own forum search function works much better than the Google search. This may change in the future, though. Maybe I'll remove it for a while.

Hope that helps. :)