Urch Forums

New rules for FPGEE candidates- 5 year limit

knok

Hi everyone

I've received this letter today and I have to tell you I'm devastated. I passed this test in june 2007 that means I have 7 months to get my certificate! It's ridiculous! If I had know that in 2007 I would have arranged things around differently. What they think they are? First they say this test won't expire and now this...I really don't feel like passing it again. What about if you don't pass it after 5th time? You cannot take it ever again? It should be in effect starting next year but these 5 years should be counted from 2012 for everyone since they said this test will neve expire. What do you have to do to get fpgee certificate? Just pass the toefl and fpgee or naplex too? I don't remember. How do you guys feel about it?

Hi everyone,

I understand how you feel about this. I am sympathetic in your situation. In the current US pharmacy world, at the lowest point of the economy ( I hope it is the lowest.), health insurance companies and government (Medicare) put pressure on pharmaceutical industry, especially retailers.

Same thing here: Take it or leave it. No mercy. It is a business.

Welcome to capitalism!

However, I wish all the best to everyone.

Best wishes,

Knok :victorious:

I agree that the new rules should apply to new candidates only before they sign the paper on FPGEE applications. Every problem has its own solution. It is not the end of the world. There are many countries that need pharmacists and probably pharmacists have been treated better.

However, I wish all the best to everyone. I am very unhappy with my Internship right now. I do not want to post in public. The road is not smooth and pretty. I can tell you that.

Hi crystalrose,

I quess I have to call them because I'm confused. Hopefully you are right. It says that this test is valid 5 years from the test date. If I took it in June 2007, it's june 2012 when will expire.

The problem is I've been trying to pass the Toefl and I can't for the n-th time. I work in the pharmacy, I talk to the people, everyone can understand me and I cannot pass the toefl. I don't know what's going on.

Anyway, regarding this new implementation, the law does not have a retroactive effect! They cannot start counting validation of this test from the time of passing it but 2012 .

if you read it well, its says you have untill DEC 2012 for all who passed the 5 years period. did you listen to notefull on you tube.. his videos are amazing. I guess they want you to follow a structure not only talk.. good luck

I've called them and I since the change is going to be implemented from January 2012 and I took the fpgee test in June 2007, I have 7 months. I'm thrilled! Basicall, the guy who I talked to agreed that it is ridiculous but he is just a messenger. His adivice was to write a letter to the fpgec. To all who feel the same way, we can actually do something if we get together and stat sending letters to them. I'm going to do that.

Thanks crystalose for the link. I actually new them and I'm taking classes. Hopefully they will help.

Does this rule apply if you have your certificate already? I'm confused.

"Candidates who do not complete the FPGEC Certification Program within the five-year period will be required to retake the FPGEE if they wish to pursue FPGEC certification."

- does this mean we have to finish the internship within 5 years as well or does this new rule apply only to those who haven't taken the TOEFL yet?

Here's the other one from the bulletin:

"Candidates who do not complete the FPGEC Certification process before their FPGEE score expires will be required to retake the FPGEE if they wish to pursue certification in the future. The five-year validity period of an FPGEE score applies to current candidates who have already passed the FPGEE but have not obtained their FPGEC Certificate.

Can't say I blame them for changing the rules.

It seems that it applies to everyone but if your FPGEE score is over five years already, you have one more year to complete. It is not that long if you have to work and prepare for TOEFL at the same time. It needs a lot of practice and effort. In addition, some test centers are not as you think it is supposed to be a test center in some areas. They are so noisy and distracting. Be prepared for the time you may be wasted for a month or so to reschedule to another test when the test has been canceled because of computer problems or other problems. The test center is not alwways available for you to take the test next month. I remember that I scheduled to take it about at least 3 tests ahead of time. Just in case, there are problems with the test centers or weather.

I do not want to see anyone rushing at the end of dateline trying to schedule the test. Then, something happens at the test center. :sorrow: After that, you end up losing your chance to take it. The test centers are not reliable. Check the posts earlier about things that might happen to you. I am not freaking you out but I need you to be prepared. DO NOT do anything at the last minute. Good luck.

:victorious:

Knok

It seems that it applies to everyone but if your FPGEE score is over five years already, you have one more year to complete. It is not that long if you have to work and prepare for TOEFL at the same time. It needs a lot of practice and effort. In addition, some test centers are not as you think it is supposed to be a test center in some areas. They are so noisy and distracting. Be prepared for the time you may be wasted for a month or so to reschedule to another test when the test has been canceled because of computer problems or other problems. The test center is not alwways available for you to take the test next month. I remember that I scheduled to take it about at least 3 tests ahead of time. Just in case, there are problems with the test centers or weather.

So the new rules only apply to those who have not taken the TOEFL yet, am I right? This doesn't apply if you've already gotten your certificate, correct?

• 1 month later...
Hello every one,

I will take fpgee next year in April. Can anyone please advise me how to study and where to get Dr Dutta's book for Genetics

Thanks for help

Make the AphA book your number one and read the diseases from the Comprehensive pharmacy review book.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So the new rules only apply to those who have not taken the TOEFL yet, am I right? This doesn't apply if you've

already gotten your certificate, correct? 

Yes the new rules does not apply if you already have your fpgec certificate.The rule simply states that if you have passed the fpgee examination and not yet certified,you have five years to fulfil the conditions for certification which is pass the toefl ibt. After fpgec certification, you could take eternity to become licenced for all they care. We will all get there anyways...

Hi,

Can anybody explain the new FPGEC 5 years policy ?? I passed the FPGEE on June 2007,then my file was closed because of the past 2 years policy and still closed till now !! Please advise me the way to re-open my file..

Thanks,,

Send a signed request letter to nabp asking them to reopen your file either by mail or fax. I would fax this request for prompt response. Make sure you listen to Joseph on noteful.com...After several 24's in speaking, I had 26 the first time I found his website. I would say this guy is toefl ibt personified. All the best

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I`m gradate from out of US, and I need advises to be certified pharmacist in US:

1. How to apply for FPGEE, what documents needed.

2. What are the steps should be finished to be certified pharmacist.

3. after that, what is preferred reading materials for preparation,

4. how long these steps may takes.

Thanks and appreciate your help!

QUOTE=knok;882255]Hi everye,

I understand how you feel about this. I am sympathetic in your situation. In the current US pharmacy world, at the lowest point of the economy ( I hope it is the lowest.), health insurance companies and government (Medicare) put pressure on pharmaceutical industry, especially retailers.

Same thing here: Take it or leave it. No mercy. It is a business.

Welcome to capitalism!

However, I wish all the best to everyone.

Best wishes,

Knok :victorious: