Urch Forums

URGENT!!! Need Answers to these questions

Mahnoor

1.Even though he was only a neophyte in the business ,he effectively used ___(a)___ methods to __(b)___ himself with the manager.

(a) audacious (b) reprove

(a) obsequious (b) ingratiate

(a) submissive (b) relinquish

(a) alleviated (b) align

2.Almost lulled to sleep by the candidate's__(a)___ speech,the audience seemed to fall in to a state of __(b)___

(a) convoluted (b) ecstasy

(a) turgid (b) languor

(a) solemn (b) stupor

(a) presumptuous (b) involvement

3.The company's excellence of service is rooted not just in ___(a)___ experience, but also in the ___(b)____ range of expertise it offers.

(a) considerable (b) insufficient

(a) considerable (b) inadequate

(a) limited (b) broad

(a) vast (b) wide

If you use logic and a dictionary, you should be able to answer correctly in each instance. The prompt infers whether the words should be positive or negative and knowing the definition of the words should make it clear which is the correct response. While you are not on the spot, use the time to look up he words and check if your inferences are appropriate with the answer key.

Most importantly, you will never see a question like this on the GMAT.

help someone plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am wondering if it is inappropriate trying to answer your question not being an expert. I just thought my the answers I came up with might help you. Ignore my suggestions if they don't.

1. obsequious , ingratiate

2.turgid , languor

3. limited , inadequate

I am sure experts are gonna shout soon . :P

I am wondering if it is inappropriate trying to answer your question not being an expert. I just thought my the answers I came up with might help you. Ignore my suggestions if they don't.

1. obsequious , ingratiate

2.turgid , languor

3. limited , inadequate

I am sure experts are gonna shout soon . :P

I'm no expert, but I agree with your answers for 1 and 2. Your choice for number 3 is not one of the four offered. I would suggest the answer to number 3 is VAST and WIDE since the company's service is reported to be excellent.

Why are these questions being asked in a GMAT forum? This type of question would never appear on the GMAT. I hope that mahnoor is studying for the exam that he/she is actually taking!

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with eventualprof. These questions are asked in GRE-Text completion (May be). This thread should be moved to GRE forum.I think the answer to Q3 should be "vast & wide". Since 'Not only...but also' must be parallel in emotions, and both (a) and (b) describe abt company's excellence hence both words must be positive, so "vast & wide" must be correct.