Urch Forums

Issue 53. College and university education should be free for all students,

PLZ comment and rate it and many thanks for your considerate help.:)

Issue 53. College and university education should be free for all students, fully financed by the government.

The issue is that college and university should be free for all students who will attend those schools. Besides, the declarer of the issue also claimed that these expenses should be fully disbursed by government. From my point of view, I totally agree with the position of the issue. In the following paragraphs, I will try to elaborate why I am in support of the position of the issue.

To begin with, it is indubitable that investment in higher education is always a judicious policy for any nation. Most people know, people who graduated from colleges, universities and graduate schools always play a pivotal role in our society and nations and make better contributions to our nations than those who only have diplomas of senior high schools, junior high schools even primary schools. To detail the above statement, most people graduated from colleges or universities have professional ideologies so that they are competent to cope with intricate work such as research and design, invent novel drugs and so on. In contrast, people who are not cultivated under higher education system are always scanty of professional knowledge; thus they are also incapable of to deal with complicated jobs. I took comparison between USA and China as an example. As we know, local governments or central government in USA spend regular money on subsidy of higher education system; therefore, there are so many talents who specialize in R&D and invention in USA. On the contrary, China only has a dilapidated education system and seldom to hear that China government make its mind to improve its education so that China is full of migrant worker who only have elementary school’s degree. Consequently, USA is able to develop high technology and biotechnology industries and become a powerful nation; however, China only can expand ECM industry(Electronic Contract Manufacturing) because China government never endeavor to better higher education system and created countless illiterate people and people that only have lower education degree. According to the above example, we can know that government fully financing tuitions and expense of students of higher education is necessary while you want your country would be in a powerful state.

Moreover, in accordance with the above paragraph, we all know our nation can cultivate more talents who graduate from colleges or universities if our government was willing to finance these students’ tuitions and expenses. In addition, these talents will be engaged in special and professional jobs after they graduate from schools. To put it differently, these talents usually make more incomes than those are made by people who only have low-grade diplomas and go into general works. Due to these talents’ high-paid salaries, even though nations or governments totally finance tuitions and expenses of students of higher education, nations and governments still can get more income taxes as compensation in the future. These income taxes of talents are always more than subsidy to students in colleges and universities. For instance, Australian government fully finances education fee of every national of Australia and levy heavy taxes form every national after they graduate from schools and are at work. As a result, Australia is called “No worries country”.

Furthermore, if colleges and universities could be free for all students, it is conducive to diminish conflict and discrimination between poor students and rich students. Frankly speaking, there are indeed many students who are wise but short of money. They will be resent wealthy students, society and nations while they couldn’t afford their tuitions to pursue their higher education degrees. Of course, we can get over this problem and eliminate such kind conflict if our government was willing to be responsible for all tuitions and expenses of students of higher education. Besides, our government financing student’s tuitions and costs also can make sure that give all students of higher education system equal opportunity in school system even put them on equal footing before they enter society. Most importantly, nations and government don’t lose any person who has potential genius but is destitute and help such kind person contribute to our society and nation.

In the light of the above reasoning, I totally agree with the assertion of this issue that college and university education should be free for all students, fully financed by the government. If government could do this way, not only our government doesn’t suffer from any economic damage owing to taxation from the people who ever benefited by subsidy from government but government can decrease conflict between poor and rich students as well. Last but not least, our government can create an impartial and competitive higher education system and cultivate so many professional talents so as to make our nation more powerful than other countries. Therefore, I think many countries that don’t enforce this meaningful education policy yet shouldn’t hesitate.

• 1 month later...

Issue 53. College and university education should be free for all students, fully financed by the government.

The issue is that college and university should be free for all students who will attend those schools. Besides, the declarer of the issue also claimed that these expenses should be fully disbursed by government. From my point of view, I totally agree with the position of the issue. In the following paragraphs, I will try to elaborate why I am in support of the position of the issue.

To begin with, it is indubitable that investment in higher education is always a judicious policy for any nation. Most people know, people who graduated from colleges, universities and graduate schools always play a pivotal role in our society and nations and make better contributions to our nations than those who only have diplomas of senior high schools, junior high schools even primary schools. To detail the above statement, most people graduated from colleges or universities have professional ideologies so that they are competent to cope with intricate work such as research and design, invent novel drugs and so on. In contrast, people who are not cultivated under higher education system are always scanty of professional knowledge; thus they are also incapable of to deal dealing with complicated jobs. I took a comparison between USA and China as an example. As we know, local governments or central government in USA spend regular money on subsidy of higher education system; therefore, there are so many talents talented individuals who specialize in R&D and invention in USA. On the contrary, China only has a dilapidated/ramshackle education system and seldom to hear that China government make its mind to improve its education so that China is full of migrant workers who only have elementary school’s degree. Consequently, USA is able to develop high technology and biotechnology industries and become a powerful nation; however, China only can only expand ECM industry(Electronic Contract Manufacturing) because China government never endeavors to better higher education system, and thus created countless illiterate people and people that who only have lower education degrees. According to the above example, we can know recognize that governments which are fully financing tuitions and expenses of students of higher education is necessary while you want your country would be in a powerful state an indispensable fundament for a well developed and a prosperous/powerfull nation.

Moreover, in accordance with the above paragraph, we all know our nation can cultivate more talents who graduate from colleges or universities if our government was willing to finance these students’ tuitions and expenses. In addition, these talents will be engaged in special and professional jobs after they graduate from schools. To put it differently, these talents usually make more incomes than those are made by people who only have low-grade diplomas and go into general works. Due to these talents’ high-paid salaries, even though nations or governments totally finance tuitions and expenses of students of higher education, nations and governments still can get more income taxes as compensation in the future. These income taxes of talents are always more than subsidy to students in colleges and universities. For instance, Australian government fully finances education fee of every national of Australia and levy heavy taxes form every national after they graduate from schools and are at work. As a result, Australia is called “No worries country”.

Furthermore, if colleges and universities could be free for all students, it is conducive to diminish conflict and discrimination between poor students and rich students. Frankly speaking, there are indeed many students who are wise but short of money. They will be resent wealthy students, society and nations while they couldn’t afford their tuitions to pursue their higher education degrees. Of course, we can get over this problem and eliminate such kind of conflict if our government was is willing to be responsible for all tuitions and expenses of students of higher education. Besides, our government financing student’s tuitions and costs also can make sure that give all students of higher education system equal opportunity in school system even put them on equal footing before they enter society. Most importantly, nations and governments don’t lose any person who has potential genius but is destitute and help such kind of persons/individuals to contribute to our society and nation.

In the light of the above reasoning, I totally agree with the assertion of this issue that college and university education should be free for all students, fully financed by the government. If the governments could do headed/led this way, not only our government doesn’t wouldn't suffer from any economic damage owing to taxation from the people who ever benefited by subsidy from government but government can could also decrease conflict between poor and rich students as well. Last but not least, our government can create an impartial and competitive higher education system and cultivate so many professional talents so as to make our nation more powerful than other countries. Therefore, I think many countries that don’t enforce this meaningful education policy yet shouldn’t hesitate.

Hiii LouisLin :)

Nice to see your posts on the forum after this long time…

I read your essay and I think it is very good one… nice ideas and examples with good organization.

There are some grammatical mistakes which I pointed them out in the essay…

For the introduction, I think it would be better if you talked in general about what you are going to discuss in the essay. I mean, it's better to avoid mentioning words such as "declarer", "writer", "author" … etc. because such words give the impression of writing an "argument" instead of an issue. As you know, each of the tow types of essays in the exam has its different method of analysis. So, I would prefer if you give general ideas in the introduction to avoid turning it unintentionally into an argument analysis... That's all :)

Good job... keep posting :)

Note: words in pink should be removed, red words should be added to your essay.

Best of luck to you in your preparation for the GRE :) :luck2: