Urch Forums

People who hold high expectations for others are rewarded with high performance and r

Aishwarya

To an extent, expectations are helpful in building interests to achieve some of our lifetime goals. People who have high expectations for others are sometimes recognized with high performance and respect but sometimes not. When a person works with high expectations for others, he might not focus on the real causes of the expectations, will just work for others and not for his own improvement or achievement. In such cases, he will not be rewarded with high respect. But such cases will always not hold true.

In some cases, a person’s position influences him to hold high expectations for others. For example, In India, The Chief Minister of any particular state promotes novel plans and policies with expectations for them to turn out good for the people in that state. The CM will be rewarded by the people of the state because he builds expectations on himself for the people’s welfare. Similarly, when you take any artist, say any vocalist renders music in different styles, with varied concepts in order to welcome his audience. Here, he is applauded or appreciated for his unique rendition which is nothing but his held expectations on himself for entertaining the audience. In the above situations, the individuals (the CM, artist) are in positions to focus on the importance for others and that is why they are recognized with respect.

In contrast there are scenarios where people are not admired or appreciated for their high expectations for others. For example, let us consider a college student who scores well in maths, who is encouraged by his professors and parents to take up his career as a mathematician but wants to pursue arts (based on his interests), will start having expectations to become a mathematician for his parents or professors but not for himself. Although, he will not be despised for his doing, he will also not be rewarded with accolades. In some cases, an individual should focus and work on his expectations for himself and not for others.

There are also situations where some reward people with expectations for others and some don’t. For example, an efficient software programmer works for a client who instructs him to code using a particular coding language and constraints for their benefits. Here, the worker will definitely be rewarded by his clients because he fulfilled their goals but on the other hand he will be mocked by his colleagues as a puppet being manipulated by client’s hands. Hence we cannot always conclude that people having expectations for others will be praised and respected by everyone.

People are not always rewarded for their expectations for others. Some of them have a responsibility to hold expectations for others and fulfill them for others like the Chief Minister, artist etc., for which they will be recognized with high respect and performance. But it is not necessary for everyone to have the same responsibility or even if they had, they will not be rewarded by everyone. Hence it is always better to obviate to hold expectations for others when a person does not have a responsibility or compulsive role for it.

This title is not in the pool of issue topics, New GRE.

You can practice the topics I wrote and exchange with me.

Too know more, please reference my essay and comment on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my planed date to take GRE: undecided

* don't know how to write for a higher grade?! don't know why your writing earned a low grade?! You need to empathize ETS human raters' considerations when rating. Reading and rating many essays samples here illustrate the bad ways and the good ways when writing. Go beyond writing theories! Go practical! Write your response even if it is short or in Chinese.

* want me to comment on another of your essay?! Comment on my one and I will response yours on the same topic in a deserved way worth how you revise mine. If possible, please post your essay to be reviewed in a new thread; else you could have hardships figuring out which comment is for your essay.

* Writing comments exchange is a cool game. Why not try leaving any response to my essay and see what's back.

* Comments on another's essay is itself an argument essay. I will formalize all my comments as an argument writing to your essays.

* Rating and criticizing is that easy:

GRE: For Institutions: Analytical Writing Argument Task Scoring Guide

GRE: For Institutions: Analytical Writing Issue Task Scoring Guide

GRE Revised General Test: Score Level Descriptions

http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/Writing_Rubrics.pdf

GRE Revised General Test: Analyze an Issue

GRE Revised General Test: Analyze an Argument

GRE issue ?_??

GRE_Argument_??