Urch Forums

I Can Help Review Your Issue Essay—Claim: The best way to understand the character..

neateditor

Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.

Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals.

, Issue 22(related to 2 & 122), Analytical writing, New GRE

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The best way to understand the character of a society will never be examining its heroes or its role models. Although focusing on the heroes and the models is efficient, they are not representatives of a society nor can this way be the best for many reasons.

Initially, taking shortcut on understanding only heroes and models is extremely biased. Concluding based on only these is so dangerous because they could be what a society wants but not what a society is.

Further, the highest ideal part is not typical composition of a society. Even, they are the outstanding ones instead of the statistical mode of a society.

Indeed, heroes and models could be promoted or be make-upped to become what they appear like now. Examining these is merely a research limited on surface of a society.

Understanding heroes and models is an aspect observing a society, but not a best way to look through it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my planed date to take GRE: undecided

* don't know how to write for a higher grade?! don't know why your writing earned a low grade?! You need to empathize ETS human raters' considerations when rating. Reading and rating many essays samples here illustrate the bad ways and the good ways when writing. Go beyond writing theories! Go practical! Write your response even if it is short or in Chinese.

* want me to comment on another of your essay?! Comment on my one and I will response yours on the same topic in a deserved way worth how you revise mine. If possible, please post your essay to be reviewed in a new thread; else you could have hardships figuring out which comment is for your essay.

* Writing comments exchange is a cool game. Why not try leaving any response to my essay and see what's back.

* Comments on another's essay is itself an argument essay. I will formalize all my comments as an argument writing to your essays.

* Rating and criticizing is that easy:

GRE: For Institutions: Analytical Writing Argument Task Scoring Guide

GRE: For Institutions: Analytical Writing Issue Task Scoring Guide

GRE Revised General Test: Score Level Descriptions

http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/Writing_Rubrics.pdf

GRE Revised General Test: Analyze an Issue

GRE Revised General Test: Analyze an Argument

GRE issue ?_??

GRE_Argument_??