Urch Forums

I Can Help Review Your Issue Essay—Governments should offer a free university...

neateditor

Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition., Analytical writing, New GRE

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Government should not fully sponsor admitted students unable to afford the college expenses.

Despite financial aids have help a great number of students, and some countries ensure colleges free to students, the following disadvantages of this policy overweight the strengths.

Surely, as they are in many countries, various public colleges such as military colleges and police colleges are free of charge. Already, they provide sufficient opportunities for entrancing low-cost higher education.

For another extreme situation, if government fully sponsor private colleges, they are no more private college. Once there is no more private colleges, higher education become totally ruled by the authority, and there is no more academic freedom.

On the other way, if the government pays everything for the poor students, private schools could dare to over charge them. Moreover, many colleges could offers less student loan to not poor enough students and tend to admit more poor students but prompt them to postpone graduation for making more money.

Government should at a certain degree sponsor both the colleges and the students, but not to pay for the poor students by too much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my planed date to take GRE: undecided

* don't know how to write for a higher grade?! don't know why your writing earned a low grade?! You need to empathize ETS human raters' considerations when rating. Reading and rating many essays samples here illustrate the bad ways and the good ways when writing. Go beyond writing theories! Go practical! Write your response even if it is short or in Chinese.

* want me to comment on another of your essay?! Comment on my one and I will response yours on the same topic in a deserved way worth how you revise mine. If possible, please post your essay to be reviewed in a new thread; else you could have hardships figuring out which comment is for your essay.

* Writing comments exchange is a cool game. Why not try leaving any response to my essay and see what's back.

* Comments on another's essay is itself an argument essay. I will formalize all my comments as an argument writing to your essays.

* Rating and criticizing is that easy:

GRE: For Institutions: Analytical Writing Argument Task Scoring Guide

GRE: For Institutions: Analytical Writing Issue Task Scoring Guide

GRE Revised General Test: Score Level Descriptions

http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/Writing_Rubrics.pdf

GRE Revised General Test: Analyze an Issue

GRE Revised General Test: Analyze an Argument

GRE issue ?_??

GRE_Argument_??