believe that it would be ------- to build new

theaters there.

(A) unprofitable. .risky

(B) untapped. .pointless

© unappreciated. .difficult

(D) unlikely. .appropriate

(E) unimpressed. .shrewd

5-E and 6-D is the answer, how? i guess its 5-A and 6-A(?):hmm:

can anybody tell me abt the quality of real 19 tests, i have just started practicing those?

• 2 years later...
I believe that answers are the same too i.e. A and A. I would really appreciate it if someone could appraise me of the quality of the Real 19 tests, from where these questions came.

I also agree with with A,A as the correct answers.

Btw, Appraise is to evaluate/estimate. I think you mean apprise which means to inform ;)

for question 5

here indicates supporting signal because, it says, not for the.......................but for.............. which is closely similar to not only but also.

so the blank pposition shoul fill by a positive word that is the interaction of the two.so in my opinion A should not be the ans.

For the question no.6 please see carefully the word ironically.Its a very important word for the total sentence.so the first blank will be the opposite of the second blank.

unlikely means, Has little chance of being the case or coming about.

and appropriate means,Suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc.

so the ans should be D.

i disagree with you skawal regarding both questions.

is it a typo for question 5 when you say that A should NOT be the answer?

for question 6, "ironically" does not refer to both blanks at all. It is ironical that the lack of theaters stymied further development, not that unlikely development resulted in actual development. For your answer to be correct, the sentence would have to be structured like this:-

Because of its lack of theaters, the city came,

to be viewed as an unlikely theater town, and ,ironically,

that reputation led entrepreneurs to

believe that it would be appropriate to build new

theaters there.

• 10 months later...

Hey,

I just took this test myself. And I also put in A, A for those answers. I was really surprised to see D, E as the real answers from the key. I think 19 real GRE's answer key is off. I had a suspicion from test #1, but this has confirmed it.

Does anyone else have any idea where the real answer key is? Also, what does anyone here recommend for tough verbal practice exams? Big Book? Barron's or what? Any replies would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I think (D) for answer 6 comes by the following logic:

Notice the word 'ironic' and "Theater town". "Theater town" means town known for theaters like "pink city" known for its buildings painted in pink color in other words pink buildings. Since there are no theaters, its unlikely that the town will be called "theater town" but "ironic" (means: something true but seems to contradict itself; or something thats false but seems to be true) stresses the fact that something contradictory happened, and the only contradiction that can happen here is creation of new theaters so the answer should contain (sort of) antonyms, so appropriate is the correct choice for second blank.

Hope that helps.

If you find any logical flaw in the argument please reply.