Urch Forums

GRE-results: Q800/800, V340/800

Boebus

Hi to everyone it may concern,

I have just finished my GRE-test and received quite ambivalent results: I scored high in the Q-section (800/800) and didn't get much in the V-Section (340/800). I absolutely do not understand the V-score. While practicing, I normally received scores in the range from 380 to 590, and my TOEFL score is 293/300. (I hope that I will at least get a 5 or 6 in the AWA section.)

I would like to do a MS in Aerospace Engineering at GeorgiaTech, the Univ. of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, or at the Univ. of Michigan in Ann Arbor. How would you rate my chances for admission (my GPA is 3.7/4)? Is the Verbal score too bad? By the way: I am a student from Germany.

Thanks for your replies!

Boebus

Don't you think that the TOEFL score of 293/300 shows that my English can't be too bad? Maybe the universities might overlook the v-score when they consider the TOEFL and essay-writing scores (my TOEFL essay got 6 points, analytical writing hopefully better than 5)...