Urch Forums

US and Indian Scoring System..

dkpbus

Hi

If we convert Indian Score to US GPA System it will be very less comparing to the position we held here. This way, are we at any disadvantage? Even if we provide Indian Scoring system to AdCom will they consider it ?

In my UnderGrad, according to US GPA System I'll have 2.5 but in Indian system I have 1st division (66%) Which is considered as very good.

Please provide me some information on this.

Deepak

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ErinBilly

Most adcoms know that other countries grade differently (and if they don't know, then they're probably not great programs).

If it's good in India, don't worry so much. The other stuff on your app will back it up, right?

Thanks Erin ! I was just a bit worried about this.

DKP

• 9 years later...

do not worry about your first class from India or Indian subcontinent. the Adcom knows very well how hard it is to get a first class from the system.

According to my experience, a first class from Indian subcontinent is treated more or less like a 3.5 - 4.0 in a 4.0 scale, depending on your position in the class.

even if you get a second class and your stood first in the class, adcom knows that you are darn good. :)