Urch Forums

I think I am in trouble, please help!!!!!!!!!!

tt1

Hi guys,

I am really looking for some honest advice here.

I have an international degree in chemistry and I have never worked with that degree( except for internship), primarily because I never got a job in that area. I found a job in the IT field and worked there about 1 year and then I moved again because the pay was pitiful. I eventually found myself in a cushy bank job (for some months) and then I had to move again because it was time to move to the US. I really liked working in a bank, meeting people and proferring solutions really fufilled my desire to be wanted (almost like being a doctor). But the US was a different terrain altogether - couldn't get a job as a banker so took a job as a teller with the hopes that in a short while I would move to a position I like. It's application time now and I am still a teller (i've been that for a year now). I am worried that been a teller will not look good on my application in the midst consultants, bankers, project managers,engineers etc and that my chances of been admitted to evevn a third tier school is null. What would you suggest?

In addition, I really, really really want to go to business school because I need to advance in the new industry I have choosen. I want to start on a fresh page of my career and I know that having an MBA will help me achieve just that. Furthermore, my ultimate dream is to become an entrepreneur (Possibly marketing speciality drugs or food to the world). The problem is I am having a very hard time convincing myself on paper. The essays I wrote are horrible almost as if my dreams don't make sense. (I hope I do make sense here). Any advice? where do I go from here?

Thanks guys!

Only the top 10 bschool will get you what you wanted. However, we all know that top 10 school only admit ppl who don't need them to advance in your career.

Sooooooooo, my advice is quit your teller job and do something else. The teller job WILL NOT get you to top 10 bschool.