Urch Forums

Any Pharmacy internships in North Carolina

PharmacistM33

Hello,

I passed my FPGEC and TOEFL exams around in June 2010. I have not received my certificate yet but am currently searching for internships in the North Carolina area.

Does anyone have any experience or guidance they could provide? From the searches I have done vacancies seem few and far between.

All advice would be gratefully received

hi pharmacistm33, have you applied for north carolina's intern licence? if yes, how did you go about it because the state board website isn't helpful for my situation that dont have a sponsor and a SSN yet. As for the search , I just emailed the big chains and their response where negative but i will try them again arround november time ...

cheers

Hi Guys,

I am doing my internship in NC. There is no requirement in NC to have intern license you just need to intimate them about the start of your hours with in 5 working days. There is a form in the board website which you need to fill and send to them.

It is very hard to get intern hours here, especially if you are foreign grad. I tried all places and i am finally volunteering at one place after long follow ups.

Best of luck 2 you two!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i.k.u.

I think that affidavit is to be filled AFTER completion of hours. I finally called the NCBOP and talked to the concerned person, she said I have to mail her my FPGEC, name of the pharmacist, and start date before starting the internship. (BTW, I deleted a few of messages now. Sorry for the inconvenience)

In Florida they ask you to send a copy of your SScard, so you'll need some kind of visa that allow you to work. But, if they don't ask for a SSN, you could be legally in the US (as a visitor, I'm from Spain) and doing your internship without being paid. That's what I meant.

Am I wrong?.