Urch Forums

2015 Management Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

melek

Originally Posted by hedgequant:

In an effort to steal a well thought-out idea from the econ board, I propose we keep all admissions results in this thread. I think rumors/rumblings/unsubstantiated talk should stay in the sweat thread, and leave this thread to be only actual results. Please try and keep comments (even congratulatory ones) to the sweat thread so that this thread has a high signal/noise ratio. I suggest other disciplines make a similar thread so we can keep things compartmentalized.

I guess I'll get the ball rolling for this thread. I believe the following information would be helpful for management applicants:

Institution Name:

Concentration (e.g. Strategy, OT, OB):

Date of Notification:

Type of Notification (e.g. email/phone/snail mail):

Notification (e.g. Interview / Waitlisted / Accepted):

Posted on GradCafe?

Comments:

Good luck everyone!

A few hours ago...

Institution Name: Wharton

Concentration: Management

Notification: Skype Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: No

Comments: Still in shock. This would be a dream come true. Also, they are interviewing 12 other people.

On another note, I got my first rejection today (from Case Western OB), which didn't feel so bad after the Wharton news :)

Edited by tm_associate

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few hours ago...

Institution Name: Wharton

Posted on GradCafe?: No

Comments: Still in shock. This would be a dream come true. Also, they are interviewing 12 other people.

On another note, I got my first rejection today (from Case Western OB), which didn't feel so bad after the Wharton news :)

Congrats. I got my rejection from Case for OB a few days ago too. Still holding breath for a silver lining through.

Congratulations! I have also got the invitation. Which visit date will you choose? We may meet there :-)

Institution Name: Arizona (Eller)

Date of Notification: 1/21/15

Notification: On-campus Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments: Either 2/19-21 or 3/5-7

Congrats on the multiple interviews! Would you mind share some of your experiences of the interviews with Texas A & M Univ and PSU? Many thanks!

Institution Name: Penn State (Smeal)

Date of Notification: 1/18/15

Notification: Skype call on 01/23/15

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments:

Congrats on the interview melek! Such a great program. Did you get the impression that they were done sending out interview requests to those 12 people?

Thank you :) I'm really not sure if they sent them out to 12 people at once. My interview was scheduled 2 weeks after the date of notification, though, if that helps. The time slots were also pretty limited. I hope that helps somewhat!

I'm really not sure if they sent them out to 12 people at once.

That makes sense. Thanks for the response!

My interview was scheduled 2 weeks after the date of notification

I assume that means you haven't had the interview yet, right? If so, then good luck!

Congrats on the multiple interviews! Would you mind share some of your experiences of the interviews with Texas A & M Univ and PSU? Many thanks!

Texas A&M Interview:

Interviewer (an Associate Professor) had taken the efforts to know about my application in & out. Very specific questions about my education and career choices; No direct questions but inferential discussion and conversational tone. Didn't realise that we chatted for one hour. Interviewer was very engaging and kept a neutral stance about school: neither under nor over sold the school. To be followed up by another set of interview with two to three Professors.

PSU:

Phone call with two (associate) professors. Very direct and standardized set of questions (Why PhD, why PSU, What challenges you see in this PhD journey, any questions you have for us). Both Professors very encouraging and forthcoming about school.

Hope this helps.

Texas A&M Interview:

Interviewer (an Associate Professor) had taken the efforts to know about my application in & out. Very specific questions about my education and career choices; No direct questions but inferential discussion and conversational tone. Didn't realise that we chatted for one hour. Interviewer was very engaging and kept a neutral stance about school: neither under nor over sold the school. To be followed up by another set of interview with two to three Professors.

PSU:

Phone call with two (associate) professors. Very direct and standardized set of questions (Why PhD, why PSU, What challenges you see in this PhD journey, any questions you have for us). Both Professors very encouraging and forthcoming about school.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences! It helps a lot!!

Institution Name: Texas A&M (Mays)

Concentration: Strategy

Date of Notification: 1/16/15

Notification: Phone Interview on 1/22/15

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: A casual phone call from an assistant professor which lasts for less than 30 minutes. Waiting for the next round.

Texas A&M Interview:

PSU:

Hope this helps.

Congratulations on the multiple interviews! Do you mind if you share with us your major (OB or Strategy)? By the way, I am strategy. I am just wondering whether it is the same person who interviewed us. You really had a very long and nice talk with the interviewer. I only talked with that professor for around 30 minutes :( Did the interviewer ASSURED you that you will have a second round interview very soon? My interviewer did tell me about the second round but he did not tell me whether I will be selected for that. Good luck for your applications and I really appreciate it if you can keep updating your progress here :)

Congratulations on the multiple interviews! Do you mind if you share with us your major (OB or Strategy)? By the way, I am strategy. I am just wondering whether it is the same person who interviewed us. You really had a very long and nice talk with the interviewer. I only talked with that professor for around 30 minutes :( Did the interviewer ASSURED you that you will have a second round interview very soon? My interviewer did tell me about the second round but he did not tell me whether I will be selected for that. Good luck for your applications and I really appreciate it if you can keep updating your progress here :)

Hi!

I am a MICRO applicant. I was interviewed by a OB-HR (Associate) professor. From what I understand this was the first round of interview, and is to be followed up by second round. I can't recall if the interviewer assured me about the second round interview, but interviewer did mention that they will get back to me soon.

ATB

Big congrats! You are gonna get lots of offers!! Jason Colquitt is at Georgia :eager:

Institution Name: Georgia (Terry)

Date of Notification: 1/25/15

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: Within the next two weeks

Thanks for sharing the information with us! You are gonna get lots of offers too:eager:.

Hi!

I am a MICRO applicant. I was interviewed by a OB-HR (Associate) professor. From what I understand this was the first round of interview, and is to be followed up by second round. I can't recall if the interviewer assured me about the second round interview, but interviewer did mention that they will get back to me soon.

ATB