Urch Forums

Profile Evaluation - PhD Accounting

finninja

Hello,

Sorry for the re-post. I am new to the forum and did not use the correct icon for question. It would be very nice if someone evaluated my profile.

Age-34 Male

Undergrad GPA 'A' in US scheme (WES) (north of 3.75 I guess)

Grad GPA in 'A' US scheme (WES) (close to 4)

MS (By Research) in Finance from a top national institution - GPA 9.30. Wrote a thesis and have 4 decent publications

PhD Finance (almost done) from a top national institution. Will have a paper before I graduate.

Professional qualifications in both financial and management accounting

Undergrad and grad degrees in law with emphasis on business laws.

LORs from professors (3 finance 1 accounting - All researchers)

GRE 163 V 159 Q 4.5 AWA

Could someone kindly evaluate my profile and recommend schools where I stand a chance?

Except analytical I am comfortable with any form of research, empirical or experimental.

Thank you so much.

Hello,

Sorry for the re-post. I am new to the forum and did not use the correct icon for question. It would be very nice if someone evaluated my profile.

Age-34 Male

Undergrad GPA 'A' in US scheme (WES) (north of 3.75 I guess)

Grad GPA in 'A' US scheme (WES) (close to 4)

MS (By Research) in Finance from a top national institution - GPA 9.30. Wrote a thesis and have 4 decent publications

PhD Finance (almost done) from a top national institution. Will have a paper before I graduate.

Professional qualifications in both financial and management accounting

Undergrad and grad degrees in law with emphasis on business laws.

LORs from professors (3 finance 1 accounting - All researchers)

GRE 163 V 159 Q 4.5 AWA

Could someone kindly evaluate my profile and recommend schools where I stand a chance?

Except analytical I am comfortable with any form of research, empirical or experimental.

Thank you so much.

From my perspective, the biggest issue is that you already have a phd in finance. Unless you have a compelling story for why you're now seeking a phd in accounting, I'd have a hard time giving you an offer over someone else. For whatever reason, there are several people in this year's applicant pool who have a business-related phd already, and some of them didn't even mention it in their statement. Instant turn-off.

From my perspective, the biggest issue is that you already have a phd in finance. Unless you have a compelling story for why you're now seeking a phd in accounting, I'd have a hard time giving you an offer over someone else. For whatever reason, there are several people in this year's applicant pool who have a business-related phd already, and some of them didn't even mention it in their statement. Instant turn-off.

Thank you so much