Sponsored Ad:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Profile evaluation for PhD in Finance or Financial Economics in 2018

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Profile evaluation for PhD in Finance or Financial Economics in 2018

Sponsored Ad:
    Quote Originally Posted by littlechild View Post
    I never trust/look at the rankings since I believe that they are inaccurate. But..., Berkeley being ranked 70th - 100th ??!! Do you remember the year & journal selected to produce that ranking? That's not inaccurate - it's funny, or, is it even legal ?
    That shows how rankings can really lead to mistakes, and why I'm warning about the use of "top something" to select schools.

But then, we are PhD applicants/students/candidates. So, I guess we love to discuss problems with methodology

I tried the UTD ranking again. I used the period between 2014 and 2017, which is the standard way it shows here to me in the site's search by journals (I think it's too short a period, but I'm doing according to their configuration). For journals related to my concentration, which is Marketing (Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, and Marketing Science), and worldwide ranking. Berkeley is showing as 71th.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Profile evaluation for PhD in Finance or Financial Economics in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianPhD View Post
    That shows how rankings can really lead to mistakes, and why I'm warning about the use of "top something" to select schools.

But then, we are PhD applicants/students/candidates. So, I guess we love to discuss problems with methodology

I tried the UTD ranking again. I used the period between 2014 and 2017, which is the standard way it shows here to me in the site's search by journals (I think it's too short a period, but I'm doing according to their configuration). For journals related to my concentration, which is Marketing (Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, and Marketing Science), and worldwide ranking. Berkeley is showing as 71th.
    Thanks BrazilianPhD! The model needs major revision to be publishable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information