Urch Forums

Online math courses? Linear Alg/Real Analysis

scandii

Hi, Can anyone recommend an online math course that they have taken and like that is offered by an accredited US University? I would like to take Linear Algebra and Real Analysis. If you have take one, can you also tell me: -How much it cost? -How many hours per week? -Is it flexible? (e.g. can you study, take tests whenever or on a schedule) -Do you get feedback from profs? -Is it online or with a CD? -Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't taken in math in two years? Thanks!

Hi.

These are the two online math courses you should look at. Only epgy offers Analysis courses and you will need permission to enroll from the "head" of the Program since it is originally desinged for kindergarteners to highschoolers. Both are flexible as I heard from people.(6month for epgy and 4month(two chances of one month extensions) for illinois.) I found illinois more expensive. I am not sure the quality of both programs. hope this helps a little.

EPGY University-level Mathematics Courses

NetMath, Online Math Course, University of Illinois

• 2 months later...

If your online course will be denoted as such on your transcript, I would steer clear of that. I doubt that it would be a very strong signal for adcom members considering that with online courses there is no guarantee that you are actually the one doing the work.

I also imagine that it'd be difficult to learn real analysis without having access to a prof. or TA to ask questions.

• 3 years later...