Urch Forums

Washington State Univ.

truth101

Hi all~

Does anyone have some ideas about agecon/econ program in Washington State University? Not U of Washington. I heard the environment in Pullman is just good to study because there are not many things to do other than studying. :(

It seems the faculty there looks really good. And as the econ and agecon are in the same dept., there should be some advantages.

Please let me know if there is anything u know about the program or the place.

Thanks!:)

I dated a girl thats working on a PhD there.

Pullman is small but you can stay entertained. Its a beautiful area and not overly commercialized due to legislation. You can drive a few minutes and find everything you need.

I was training to eat the "Vandalizer" at one of the burger joints in the adjacent town but broke up with the girl before I had a chance to claim sweet, sweet, consumption victory. It is a 2lb hamburger with all toppings, fries, and a milkshake.

You'll also put 1" on your calves.

Another bonus is "Moms weekend" where all the mom's come get drunk and condom sales spike for the year. Ironically WSU's mascot is "cougars".

Then you have wiley nights where you get to punish your liver if you so choose.

The following morning I highly suggest Tam's Place for breakfast.

I was going to apply to WSU but decided not to for some irrelevant reasons.

My limited experience with the grad students in the hard sciences led me to believe that they actually have a pretty good balance.

However the undergraduates have a propensity to riot, loot, pillage, and plunder while under the influence of various substances.

I practically quit drinking a few years ago so its a moot point for me except on rare occasions. I'm applying to a lot of "boring" places.