Urch Forums

CMU-Tepper has started sending out decisions

amadeus_shea

Thanks for telling me.

I just checked online and it posted the following:

I am happy to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to our Ph.D. program for the academic year 2009-10.

You will receive a formal offer letter, along with other information concerning admission, at the mailing address that you provided in your online application. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Program's Student Services Manager, Lawrence Rapp, at lrapp@andrew.cmu.edu or 412-268-1319.

Please click here to accept or decline our offer of enrollment

Congratulations!

I'm excited, but I don't really know much about the department. I was using this as a safety school. Can anyone tell me more about this school (ie, strength, etc..)?

Thanks

I didn't get an e-mail myself, even though I applied there. I also didn't get the Berkeley e-mail yesterday ... I wonder if something's getting wrong with my e-mail.

In any case, my own ApplyYourself at CMU does not have any decisions on it.

I did not get the email either. As is my nature, I'm reading the worst into it.

I did get the Berkeley email, though

Thanks for telling me.

I just checked online and it posted the following:

I am happy to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to our Ph.D. program for the academic year 2009-10.

You will receive a formal offer letter, along with other information concerning admission, at the mailing address that you provided in your online application. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Program's Student Services Manager, Lawrence Rapp, at lrapp@andrew.cmu.edu or 412-268-1319.

Please click here to accept or decline our offer of enrollment

Congratulations!

I'm excited, but I don't really know much about the department. I was using this as a safety school. Can anyone tell me more about this school (ie, strength, etc..)?

Thanks

could you please give me a link to track the status. thanks

Thanks

Haha, I remember Kydland is there that guy who won the nobel prize with prescott for business cycles in macro though i m not sure if he still publishes actively.

EMEQU, if you are willing and at liberty to say, do you know if CMU has made all of their admits? I've seen a few posts on GradCafe and I know it's a small program, so I thought it might be possible that I'm just waiting out the string.

Regardless, best of luck. I hear Pittsburgh's a great town.

EMEQU, if you are willing and at liberty to say, do you know if CMU has made all of their admits? I've seen a few posts on GradCafe and I know it's a small program, so I thought it might be possible that I'm just waiting out the string.

Regardless, best of luck. I hear Pittsburgh's a great town.

I like "Sixburgh" very much. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the admission process. However, if the incoming class size is around 5 people, then you do the math.

Good luck!:)

Well, I also have a offer from CMU, very surprising but sweet after rejects from Duke and Yale. I wonder how many ppl would actually go there in Sep.

I assume you got a nice financial package aid, including a brand new laptop. Unless you have an offer from a way fancier school, you should consider CMU seriously.

I assume you got a nice financial package aid, including a brand new laptop. Unless you have an offer from a way fancier school, you should consider CMU seriously.

I only saw my admission online last Friday without receiving any notification/email from them and haven't received their financial stimulus package yet. Based on what they said on their department's website I am supposed to pay no tuition + stipend + a lenovo laptop.

Like you said, i am surely going there if no other funded offers from way better schools. This one is decent enough considering this year's competitiveness and each school's budgets. I can only say I am very lucky.