Urch Forums

Is anyone attending UVA's flyout?

grace03

Hmm, if I get into UVA then I won't be able to do the flyout (going on vacation during that time). D'oh! Although I've visited the department a few years ago while I was visiting a professor. They were in their temporary building at that time (are they still now?).

For the people who still haven't heard from UVA (me included), does that mean that we are rejected?

I asked, here's what I got:

Hi XXXXX,

We send out decisions as soon as we make them, not all at once after everyone has been reviewed. Yours is one of about 30 still being reviewed and discussed by the committee. We do hope to finish all the rest of the pending applications within the next 10 days or so.

You don't need to check your status constantly, just your email. Once I enter a decision in your file, the Graduate School will send you an email, telling you to check your status. Your letter will be there when you check the status.

We still have at least 200 applications to make decisions on, as we had a record number of applications this year -- 530+.

I hope you can be just a little more patient. We're trying to move along as quickly as we can.

Best regards,

Patty L. Futrell

I asked, here's what I got:

Hi XXXXX,

We send out decisions as soon as we make them, not all at once after everyone has been reviewed. Yours is one of about 30 still being reviewed and discussed by the committee. We do hope to finish all the rest of the pending applications within the next 10 days or so.

You don't need to check your status constantly, just your email. Once I enter a decision in your file, the Graduate School will send you an email, telling you to check your status. Your letter will be there when you check the status.

We still have at least 200 applications to make decisions on, as we had a record number of applications this year -- 530+.

I hope you can be just a little more patient. We're trying to move along as quickly as we can.

Best regards,

Patty L. Futrell

I'm not sure I understand. She says they are still reviewing about 30 applications to make decisions. Then she later says they have at least 200 applications to make decisions on. :hmm: Does she mean they still have at least 200 decisions to enter the system perhaps?

I'm not sure I understand. She says they are still reviewing about 30 applications to make decisions. Then she later says they have at least 200 applications to make decisions on. :hmm: Does she mean they still have at least 200 decisions to enter the system perhaps?

I was confused as well, but didn't want to reply and ask for obvious reasons. I was thinking maybe that meant out of the 530+, they have already made decisions (admit/reject) on 330 of them. Then, I am currently in a batch of 30 that are being evaluated and after that, decisions will be made for the 200 remaining applicants. At least that's what I took away from the email.