Urch Forums

Need Suggestions for my profile,I will be grateful

Asian259

I completed my undergrad in Economics and Management from London School of Economic(Unfortunately with 2.2).Following BSc, I had my MSc Economics(3.9/4.00 CGPA) from a leading institute in Economics at my hometown ( Bangladesh).After its completion,I went for MSc Economics again at UCLA to improve my chances for a better School at PHD. I performed very well in course work but I found myself struggling at Dissertation part,which eventually effected my grades negatively. I have some impact factor publications and preparing for GRE. I know its tough with these grades to get through for any good school but still I would like to get some suggestions for Phd Economics,if possible.

I completed my undergrad in Economics and Management from London School of Economic(Unfortunately with 2.2).Following BSc, I had my MSc Economics(3.9/4.00 CGPA) from a leading institute in Economics at my hometown ( Bangladesh).After its completion,I went for MSc Economics again at UCLA to improve my chances for a better School at PHD. I performed very well in course work but I found myself struggling at Dissertation part,which eventually effected my grades negatively. I have some impact factor publications and preparing for GRE. I know its tough with these grades to get through for any good school but still I would like to get some suggestions for Phd Economics,if possible.

Your 2.2 Undergrad GPD at LSE and Low? GPA at UCLA ------> Give up your PhD dream, go to find a job. Do not waste your time and money for the application. This is a really serious suggestion.

Is a 2.2 a 2.2 GPA or a second class lower or is it a grade that you converted to GPA using a chart or converter tool?

Either way, there have been a lot of success stories, so I wouldn't lose hope.

You said you struggled at the thesis part, but I can't imagine it dramatically affected your GPA, since it's registered as one course.

I think posting a full profile evaluation would be a better way for people give you advice.

Looks like someone is channeling early-period chateauheart.

"2.2" = lower second-class honours, roughly something like a 3.3 - 3.5 at a typical U.S. college. It's bad, but not that bad. Struggling with the master's dissertation is the much more worrisome part. Do you have any faculty at UCLA that are willing to vouch for your research potential despite your struggles?

AFAIK, LSE does not offer a BSc Economics and Management; there is a BSc Economics and Management in UOLIP degrees under academic direction from the London School of Economic.

They are two different degree programmes albeit similar in course content.

LSE:

Programme regulations

University of London International Programmes:

Economics and Management (BSc) | University of London International Programmes