Urch Forums

TOEFL reading answer?

Oscar168

I was wondering, there are four answers choices per reading question. Does the answer go by: 2 bad answers and 2 good answers where one of the good answer is better than the other?..

If so, the point of the exercice is to distinguish the "best" answer out of two..which is much harder than I initially thought O.o~

It is a commonly stated fact that usually there are only 2 options which are relevant to the question asked and 1 of them is surely the answer,which leaves it to you to choose the one you think will fit in the best,but completely banking upon this idea is not always helpful.Sometimes 3 options may seem to have the right take to the answer but with this technique,finding the correct answer becomes even more difficult.

I feel you must look for answers that pertain to the question but still leave space for flexibility ,i.e have the words 'maybe','often','sometimes' etc but stringent words like 'always','definitely','exactly' etc will usually be part of the wrong options.

The best take on it would most definitely be to choose an answer without thinking alot about the strategies that are used to find answers,just read the question and read the paragraph pertaining to it and then arrive upon your answer after reading all the options carefully and not marking the first one you see just because it seems good enough.

With practise, you'll start understanding how to mark correct answers without sticking to strategies too much,as to be frank,they usually don't work.

• 1 month later...

Hi every body ...

I have a serious question ,,

each time I take a powerprep test I solve the same reading passages,,,,

Although I know that each test contain about 25 passage,,and I know that the reading section is not adaptive.. HOW CAN I FORCE THE PROGRAM TO GIVE ME NEW PASSAGES TO SOLVE???????????????????