Urch Forums

VISA Electron

Hippo

Hi Hippo,

When I was inquiring our local IREX office in Kiev for the registretion information, they told me that if I use my Visa Electron, it won't work. Don't know what is the exact reson for that (probably the format of those cards do not feet properly with the original one). What I did to solve this problem is easy - just get the Visa Internet card which is rather cheap to register and works perfectly for ETS registration (already checked it :cool:).

And regarding your second question - no, it seems there is no difference whose card you use to pay for taking the test - as it is simply the matter of crediting its account.

If you have any further questions, welcome!!!

Best regards, Svetlana

Hello Svetlana,

Thank you for the answer. I thought about VISA Internet too, but I hesitated because it is pure russian invention, and I wan't sure if it works with the ETS. But now I know that it does! ;-)

Hope you make your best at the exam. ;-)

Hi again, thanks for the kind words and I also wish you luck at your test taking. :)

Regarding Visa Internet: When you register it, you'll get the same numbers for both your accound and card. As you can guess, this is the virtual card, so you won't get the plastic itself, only that card/account number and secure code. The same numbers issue really confused me, because I'm used to the usual way of credit/debit card when you have different account number and card number. Maybe you'll find this information useful further on.

Best Regards, Svetlana

Hi Maxim,

the secure code is just an alternative to the PIN-code you have to memorise when you get the plastic card. You need it just for the security identification purposes, so that only you can have the fullest range of rights while using the card through Internet. And, yes, providing the account number and the experation date will be enough for your registration. This is what the registration form asks for (after specifying yout type of payment and card).

Besides, if you specify youir email and put a checkmark into the 'send response via email' (or smth. like that), you'll get your registration feedback much faster (I've got it the next day I send them the fax).

Kind regards, Svetlana