Urch Forums

any got 50 in tse

mcp

Hi Pals,

I attended TSE at LA and was confident of getting required score but I didn't. Somebody was telling that they had some technical problems and going to resend score again is it true? I havebeen trying to contact customer service but I couldn't access them. Why only those candidates are getting 35 or 40 who attended in LA irresepective of their performance?

I got 40 in TSE in LA on August 16 but I got 23 in speaking part in IBT. The TSE result is wrong . This test center is very bad. It is too messy. 7 test takers in small room, no space between test takers, very loud noise, very old fasion cassette, No one hear him/herself. The test room suitable for one or 2 persons not for 7 or 8. Unfortunately, we want to make a complaint for ETS to the government, because we want to respect ourselves.

This test center must be cancelled by ETS, because it is very bad. This test center can used for exam of kindergarten or streetmen not for professionals.

Thank you

Hello TSEPREP

I would like to know how long it takes for rescoring . You have lot of information and you always try to give good advices.Thanks a lot.

You need to find the pbt TOEFL/TSE 2008-2009 bulletin and download the rescore form. It will cost $60 and take 3 weeks (I always double what ETS sayt about time so 6 weeks) if there is a change in score, you will get a refund on the rescoreing fee.

TSEprep, Do you think I have to rescore my tse Aug 16 ? My score was 45 I'm not sure if it is worth to try since this was in LA. Many were complaining about it due to the noise and area was too small.Please any advice will be appreciated. It was also my second time and I got 45 also in my first .

TSEprep, Do you think I have to rescore my tse Aug 16 ? My score was 45 I'm not sure if it is worth to try since this was in LA. Many were complaining about it due to the noise and area was too small.Please any advice will be appreciated. It was also my second time and I got 45 also in my first .

The cost of rescore is $60 but you get a refund if your score changes. If your score drops to 40, you don't pass anyway because you need 50. If you get 50 your TSE days are over. Only time you lose is if your score stays at 45 and you spent $60 for a rescore. I think it is worth it.

hi guys,

I called the tse yesterday and have requested a investigation on my TSE on 16th aug in LA. As i was really mad at them they said u can apply for a rescoring, as i have 30 i think chances of getting 50 is very rare. suggest me if i should go ahead and apply for rescoring. I am getting back to the iBT. I have scored 26 in speaking but writing was 22 and didn't change in rescoring. where as all the time i was getting 27 in writing and 24-25 in speaking, i think its just my bad luck.

If any of u guys call the tse, let me know the response.

thanks a lot and see u guys in LA on 11 of oct.

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

I understand your feelings and sorry for that, I also called and spoke to them but customer service people doesn't know much about LA centre. Definitley they have to investigate about our results because the results we received are irrespective of our performance. Hope best for the revaluation that is what they suggested me.

It is not surprising if your score increases from 30 to 50, because you deserve it based on your confidence and performance.

See you in LA

Hi,

I called ETS today and I spoke to customer sarvice rep.You are right they don't know about LA center and I asked them whether they can investigate about this ,he said they need written complaint .When I asked about rescoring,he said 20 points increase is very rare.Anyway ,Iam going for rescoring and lets see what happens.

Hi,

I called ETS today and I spoke to customer sarvice rep.You are right they don't know about LA center and I asked them whether they can investigate about this ,he said they need written complaint .When I asked about rescoring,he said 20 points increase is very rare.Anyway ,Iam going for rescoring and lets see what happens.

Even if your score increase to 45, the raters who gave you 30's will be warned, retrained or even fired for being so off the mark. So I say go for the rescore.