Urch Forums

My last TSE

knok

Hi everyone,

How are you? I have been really sick for the past month. I am not doing quite well these days because of bronchitis and I am on medication, Augmentin. I took the June test in Chicago and stayed in Hyatt Regency on Michigan Avenue. Unfortunately, I had to stay in the non-smoking room that the guests who stayed before me were chain smokers.

I had trouble checking in the hotel because all of the rooms in the first 20 floors became smoking rooms. I had been told that the hotel just hosted two thousand guests. All of them were chain smokers. Since it was a large group, the hotel had to put some of them in non-smoking rooms for one week. I changed room five times ( I spent 2 hours looking for the non-smoking rooms that were real non-smoking). Finally, I decided not to change it anymore and slept in non-smoking room with a lot of cigarette smoke. I could not sleep all night for 2 nights before the exam. I saw the housekeepers using the machine to get rid of the smoke in all the rooms. It was terrible.

I am glad that it was over. Even though I booked the hotel that I thought it should have been good but that's what I experienced. When I was in the test room, I felt like I was going to be faint.

Today, the result will be out. Hopefully, most of us will not need to take the TOEFL iBT.

Good luck,

Knok

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...