Urch Forums

Could you please give me an estimated score and comments ?

hieutc

Hello! everybody.

I am a newcomer to this forum. Like some other members, the TWE is really a big obstacle for me. Therefore I greatly appreciate your kindness for giving me comments and estimated scores on my essays.

The follow is my first one.

#11 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

When the issue of whether universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sport activities as they give to their university libraries comes into view, there seem to exist different opinions. Some people say that universities should not give the same amount of money to students’ sport activities as they give to their libraries. Others say that sports activities and libraries should be considered equally and thus universities should give the same amount of money to students’ sport activities as they give to their libraries. In the final analysis, I am of the later opinion for the following reasons.

The role of sport activities is as important as the role of library. While library is a good source of information with its refferences, textbooks and many other materials for study and research, sport activities provide students a good health, good spirit and good personality. When students take part in sport activities, they will have chance to socialize, they also have chance to develop their skill of being in a team. This skill is really important for them in their lives.

Any university want to have students to develop both physically and intelectually, therefore sports activities and library as well as many other issues must be considered adequately.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that universities should give the same amount of money to sport activities as they give to their libraries.

#11 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students?sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

University faculties sometimes consider about where to invest money. While some people contend that more university money should be used in the libraries, other people contend that university should use their money in the sports activities. With regard to this controversial issue, I have the opinion that university should spend more money in such academic fields as libraries, lecture rooms in that they can give the students more chances to do research better and has no other sources of money.

On the one hand, using money in the sports activities has obviously its own merits of both mental and physical health of its students. It is generally agreed that studying requires health. Let's take a hypothetical case as an example. Can a student who has a severe disorder in his or her body stay up all night studying? Besides this hypothetical case, there are many cases around us that a sick student fails the tests or fails the researches. In this manner, both mental and physical health improve the efficiency of a student and sports activies can help students improve health.

On the other hand, universities are originally academic settings. Libraries can provide its students with such academic equipments as books, computers, newspaper, and journals that enable students to do researches better. If a university invests its money in the sports activities, it results in the shortage of money that can be used in the academic facilities. In addition, with that situations, students have more interests in academic activities than in their studies. In this respect, universities should invest more money in the libraries.

Besides the point mentioned above, the sports activities can make money by selling tickets. However, the libraries cannot charge students admission fees. Without the support of university, the library should be closed by the lack of resources and its students should wander to seek the places to study.

In conclusion, although I admit the advantages of sports activities that help students improve both mental and physical health, I disagree the opinion that the university should give the same amount of money to sports activities. The reasons why I disagree are that universities are fundamentally the academic settings and a library has no other sources of budget.