Urch Forums

Some people think government should spend as much money

cyberparam

Some people think government should spend as much money as possible exploring outer space. Other people disagree and think that goverment should spend this money for our basic needs on Earth. Which of these two opinions do you agree with?

From my viewpoint, I am in favor of the government spending as much money as possible exploring outer space. The Americans and Soviets pioneered the space missions giving us resources that have greatly enhanced our lives.

The NASA, for example, instituted by the government of U.S.A., for space exploration and research, with its indelible effort and support from private industries, transferred technology to the international marketplace. Hundreds of everyday products can be traced back to the space mission, including cordless electrical tools, airtight packaging, water purification systems, and even scratch coding for eyeglasses.

In addition, many advances in medical technology can be traced back to the NASA laboratory, where, first used to detect flaws in spacecraft, ultrasound is now standard equipment in almost every hospital for diagnosis and assessment of injuries and disease. Furthermore, equipment first used by NASA to transmit images from space to earth is used to assist in cardiac imaging and lasers first used to test satellites, are now used in surgical procedures under the skin implants for continuous infusion of drugs. Small pacemakers to regulate the heart were originally designed to monitor the physical condition of astronauts in space.

Finally, with the help of images that were obtained during space missions and NASA technology, archaeologists have been able to explore the earth, cities lost under desert sands have been located and rediscovered and the sea floor has been mapped using photographs from outer space.

Thus, it becomes clear, that continuous research mounted by government-funded space organizations might one-day provide tools and facilities that improve the world as a better place to live in.

Some people think government should spend as much money as possible exploring outer space. Other people disagree and think that goverment should spend this money for our basic needs on Earth. Which of these two opinions do you agree with?

From my viewpoint, I am in favor of the government spending [in this case, I think it is a noun] as much money as possible exploring outer space.[i am in favor of the increased government spending for outer space exploration. ] {The Americans and Soviets pioneered the space missions giving us resources that have greatly enhanced our lives.}[in the first paragraph you should mention 2 or 3 points, and discuss them in the following paragraphs - in your case your points are: 1. Space exploration can reveal the secrets of the Earth itself (I think you should mention that first, and then the other point); 2. Different inventions, used to explore space, are now used in many spheres of life - medicine, communication, etc. You have discussed too broadly the second point - you should allot only one paragraph for each point of view. You may try to find another argument, maybe - Human has inherent desire for exploration/inherent curiosity, or Staring at the stars for thousands of years, using their eyes, or more sophisticated tools and mechanisms, people have always wanted to find out if there is life out there.] In the last sentence of the first paragraph you mention "The Soviets", but they are not mentioned anywhere in the text, so you may skip them.

The NASA, for example, instituted by the government of U.S.A., for space exploration and research, with its indelible effort and support from private industries, transferred technology to the international marketplace. [You should make this sentence less complex. I don't think that the main efforts of the NASA are toward selling technology to the international market place.] Hundreds of everyday products can be traced back to the space mission[...](which space mission, if any?), including cordless electrical tools, airtight packaging, water purification systems, and even scratch coding for eyeglasses.

In addition, many advances in medical technology can be traced back to the NASA laboratory, where, first used to detect flaws in spacecraft, ultrasound is now standard equipment in almost every hospital for diagnosis and assessment of injuries and disease. Furthermore, equipment first used by NASA to transmit images from space to earth is used to assist in cardiac imaging and lasers first used to test satellites, are now used in surgical procedures under the skin implants for continuous infusion of drugs. Small pacemakers to regulate the heart were originally designed to monitor the physical condition of astronauts in space.

Finally, with the help of images that were obtained during space missions and NASA technology, archaeologists have been able to explore the earth, cities lost under desert sands have been located and rediscovered and the sea floor has been mapped using photographs from outer space.

Thus, it becomes clear, that continuous research mounted by government-funded space organizations might one-day provide tools and facilities that [will] improve the world (as) [...and make it...] a better place to live in.

I think you are slightly off-topic... Your essay would look more appropriate if the topic was "Are inventions made for space expoloration used in other spheres of life?".

The essay is a bit short. You may think of a few sentences for the opening and last two paragraphs.

I won't rate your essay, because I can't even rate my own essays...:rolleyes:

I hope I helped.:)