Urch Forums

computer made our life easy or stressful?

myrkul

Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion?

The increadible advencements in technology provoked so many discussions. One of them is about computers. Some people say that computers made our lives easier while others say that computers made nothing but caused many problems. My idea is that, the invention of computers has a positive effect in our life. It improved the communication between people and it made people to have access to knowledge easily.

Firstly, computer means communication to me. Imagine that only 50 years ago, very few people had the chance to talk with telephone. Writing letters and sending them in the post office was the common way of communication with the ones who are away from you. Today,nearly every house have internet connection and people use e-mails or internet messengers to communicate. We owe all of these to the computers.

Secondly, in our age accessing knowledge has become very important. Imagine that 10 years ago, people had to go to big libraries to read books. It was a total waste of time. Moreover, usually the books people found were not the books they were looking for. Today, thanks to computers, we have access to internet libraries which we can find the knowledge more easily.Furthermore, the knowledge is more trustworthy.

To sum up, Undoubtfully the computers changed our lives deeply. This change may seem a bit rough but generally it made the human life more easy and convenient. Computer’s positive effects over the communication of people is a proof of this. Another proof of computer’s positive effect is that it made accessing knowledge more easy.

I rate this essay 5.0:)

Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion?

The increadible advencements in technology provoked so many discussions. One of them is about computers. Some people say that computers made our lives easier while the others say that computers made nothing for us but caused many problems. My idea is that(,) the invention of computers has a positive effect in our life. It improved the communication between people and it helped(made) people (to have) access to knowledge easily.

[coordinate start]

Firstly, computer means(?) communication to me. Imagine that only 50 years ago, very few people had the chance to talk by(with) telephone. Writing letters and sending them in the post office was the common way of communication with the ones who are away from you. Today,nearly every house has(have) internet connection and people use e-mails or internet messengers to communicate with other people. We owe all of these to the computers.

[good point]

Secondly, in our ages, accessing knowledge has become very important. Imagine that 10 years ago, people had to go to big libraries to read books. It was a total waste of time(It wasted a lot of people's time). Moreover, (usually) the books people usually found were not the books they were looking for. Today, thanks to computers, we (have) access to internet libraries which we can find the knowledge more easily. On account of the above statements, we can save a lot of our time when we use computers and internet to acquire knowledge and informtion. Furthermore, the knowledge form internet and computers is more trustworthy.

[good point as well]

To sum up, (U)undoubtfully(there is no doubt that) the computers changed our lives deeply. This change may seem a bit rough but (generally) it generally made the human life more easy and convenient. Computer’s positive effects over the communication of people is a proof of this. Another proof of computer’s positive effect is that it made accessing knowledge more easy than before.

The increadible advencements.

The incredible ---> please check spelling, "incredible"

My idea is that, the invention of computers has a positive effect in our life.

No comma between that and the invention.

It improved the communication between people and it made people to have access to knowledge easily.

Should you use present perfect tense? Is it still going on? It has improved.... it has made... to gain knowledge..

Imagine that only 50 years ago, very few people had the chance to talk with telephone.

I think that you should spell out all the numbers and figures, "fifty". ...had a chance to discuss issues over the Internet.

Today,nearly every house have internet connection and people use e-mails or internet messengers to communicate.

Today, --> check punctuation and indent...,..."nearly every..." should follow with "singular verb"... every house has an Internet connection. (I am not sure that you should use , an Internet connection or Internet connections. If you know, please let me know.) Internet should always be started with a capital letter, "Internet", not , "internet".

Should email have "s"? I don't know either. In textbooks, there is no "s". Please confirm with a native speaker.

Should it be said, " Internet Instant Messengers" ?

Secondly, in our age accessing knowledge has become very important. Imagine that 10 years ago, people had to go to big libraries to read books.

Please spell out "ten" . Using other word such as "large" or "huge" instead of using "big" will give you a higher score . Usually, 'big" is likely to be used for "speaking" rather than "writing".

To sum up, Undoubtfully the computers changed our lives deeply. This change may seem a bit rough but generally it made the human life more easy and convenient. .

Should it be, " Undoubtfully, the computers have drastically changed our lives" ? Observe, ","

Please find a second opinion, a native speaker. I am not a native speaker but I learned from writing centers with native speakers when I wrote my research paper. I got a full score on the writing section of TOEFL iBT. I still made a lot of mistake anyway on an article usage.

It was too cold so I got up. I am lounging around for a while. You need only 4.5 so I think that you can make it with a little improvement. I admire your perseverance.

Good luck. :)

Knok