Urch Forums

"Should we leave nature lands or use them for industry?" (Please read my essay)

lime

In your country, is there more need for land to be left in its natural condition or is there more need for land to be developed for housing and industry? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

---

The confrontation of saving the nature in pristine condition and industrialization is the issue for almost every country. There is no universal answer and the choice always should be made depending upon peculiarities of individual area. Meanwhile, as a citizen of Russia, I strongly believe that my government should prefer mainly developing of new territories and construction of new facilities rather than saving lands in natural condition. It is inevitable process if the economy and cities are growing, new territories are always more attractive to create houses for living and also Russia has such a large territory that we can sacrifice some barren lands for industry purposes.

First of all, development of country and growth of economics necessitates the construction of new facilities. This fact leads to the growth of cities and increasing of their territory. Indeed, if new object must have large area, usually there is no way to fit it in the existing city area. Last week a saw in a local paper an article about construction of new stadium in my city. Despite the edifice of stadium is not quite large, total construction space including parking space must be big enough that there is no way to find appropriate place for it in the city area, especially in downtown. Even destroying of some quarters with dilapidated houses will not free enough space. Therefore, mayor made a decision to create new stadium outside city on empty land area. I support his decision. Moreover, if it concerns construction of harmless facilities like factories, that may cause deleterious effects on people leaving around, then we definitely must create such constructions only on new lands far from places where people leave. Therefore, according to development of my country, the usage of new areas is inexorable trend.

Secondly, in Russia it becomes more and more popular to live instead of big many-storied apartment homes in small one family houses. A friend of mine, Matt, with his wife last year were choosing a place to create such a house. It turned out that it was much cheaper to construct it in unused land outside city, rather than close to cosmopolitan downtown. Moreover, such lands are usually more comfortable to live in. So I think that many families like the family of my friend, will prefer to develop new lands for their housing and I support them in this undertaking. Indeed, new natural territories provide more efficient, salubrious and comfortable conditions for living.

Finally, the Russia has the biggest area in the world. Meanwhile, the population in Russia is not as big, in comparison to the US of even to China. That means that concentration in some areas, especially Siberia of Far East, is extremely low and almost nobody visits such areas. Meanwhile, these lands are barren and do not contain any rare nature or animals as do swiss mountains or african tropics. Then why shouldn't we create there important industry object like nuclear power plant? I see it as an ideal solution. Russia has many wild territories, that not being important as nature resource, provide excellent place for such indispensable for life industrial facilities.

Putting all facts together, I can confidently aver that my country needs development of new lands and usage of them for industrial purposes. Adduced evidence that includes observations of inevitability of such process, usefulness of new lands for living purposes and existence in Russia many areas with just futile existence, corroborates my point. We need more to industrialize new lands rather than save them!