Urch Forums

building on a waitlist after april 15?

tashkenty

Hello, TMians!

I received an e-mail from the admissions officer of SUNY Syracuse stating:

"We have not made a decision on your PhD application as of today. We are in the process of building a waitlist. We will inform you as soon as possible."

Is this a good or bad sign? I am just worried that their decision is running a bit late, since most graduate schools release their offers on or before April 15. I've also read another thread here saying that "Offers beyond April 15 are usually rare." This post adds more to my worries...

I would appreciate your insights on this, my dear TMians. I'm still hopin for the best...

Sincerely,

Tashkenty

State University of New York or Syracuse University?

Anyway it is not definitely a bad sign and it is not either a good sign. I'm waiting too (to hear from another univ.) so fingers crossed and patience. :D

Make sure you do not miss the deadline for your alternatives (if any).

I wish you the best!!!! :tup:

I only got waiting list from lower-ranked schools, so why bother?

USC sucks. I asked them if they can release their decision by email so that I could decide asap (It's Apr 15 now). I understand from what they said that I was rejected.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but you should be receiving your decision letter soon. As you have read in our automatic response, our policy is that responses cannot be given by phone or by email.

We understand your concern, but there is nothing we can do.