Urch Forums

passed Toeflibt through rescoring 22 to 28 in speaking

Jaken

scores: R=26 L=28 S=28 (from 22):) W=25

I could not believe how much my score in speaking went up from 22 to 28. I took the exam on March 7th. It was my 3rd attempt. I thank God that I finally passed it. I even scored 2 pts higher.

On my first exam, I was very nervous when I started the speaking section. I realized after the exam that the speaking questions were not that hard and I was nervous for no reason at all. My score in speaking was 23 only. I asked for rescoring just in case but it did not change. On my 2nd attempt, I did not get enough sleep the night before. I barely had 4 hrs of sleep. It was because I tried to read few essays before going to sleep. During the exam, my mind was floating. As expected, I only scored 97/120 and 24 in speaking.

However on my last exam, I made sure I had enough sleep. I had at least 8 hrs of sleep. I felt so good when I woke and during the exam. The day before March 7th though, I went through the speaking tips of Jason Renshaw. You can visit his online school. It is really very helpful. I also used the Barrons and Kaplan books for the whole preparation of this exam.

When I received my score for the 3rd attempt, I only got 22 in speaking! I was very disappointed because I knew I did very well. I did not hesitate to ask for rescoring again. So, I finally received what I deserve, 28!

My tips: Prepare, have enough sleep the night before and relax during the exam.:)

BTW, english is not my first language but I've been living in an english speaking country for almost 6 yrs now. That is an advantage for me.

I can't wait for my FPGEC certificate. I am really grateful and happy! One step closer to obtaining my Ph license.:tup: