Urch Forums

University of Miami OR SUNY Buffalo?

phdresearch

• 3 years later...

UB has good professors working in corporate finance like Professor Derek and also in derivative pricing like Professor Igor. Additionally they also have professors working on Merger Acquisition and Portfolio analytics as well.

But U-Miami is also a great place with more professors in Finance.

Which business school would you choose? SUNY Buffalo OR University of Miami? Has anyone visited either of these schools or heard anything about their programs?

I was looking at both of these schools during my application process. Depending on the faculty there and your field of interest is how I would make my choice. Both are decent in terms of faculty research productivity (i.e. their in the same range) but you should also consider how many faculty there do research along YOUR interests. You don't want to be stuck with only one or two potential faculty to work with. Lastly, consider where you will be living for 5 years, what their stipends are like, and other resources the school may have.

Best of luck.

UB has good professors working in corporate finance like Professor Derek and also in derivative pricing like Professor Igor. Additionally they also have professors working on Merger Acquisition and Portfolio analytics as well.

But U-Miami is also a great place with more professors in Finance.

This thread is 4 years old. What are you doing?