Urch Forums

Need an assessment of my profile for admissions to Phd(Business/Marketing/ IT) i

mk101

Hello!

I need an assessment of my profile for admission to Phd in Marketing/IT preferably in Canadian B schools.The schools that I have shortlisted are University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, and Mcgill University Beneath this request is a summary of my profile.

Manish

Location - India

Graduation - BE (Mechanical Engineering) -1992 - 69 %

Masters - PGDM (Marketing Management) - ( 2010 ) XLRI Jamshedpur - 5.585/8

Dissertaion title - "Elearning - A theoretical study"

Work Experience - 1992 to 1997 - Worked in Pharmaceutical companies -in Production Planning and Control and Logistics

Last assignment in the above sector - Branch Manager

Work Experience - 1997 to present - Entrepreneur in Education and Training industry.

Keywords - aptitude training, e learning, Teaching, Sales and Marketing, ecommerce

Proposed area of Phd - Online consumer Behaviour/ ecommerce/Human Computer Interaction

Authored - study material for my organisation

written a book for the department of Public Administration for one of their projects. The book has been written in Hindi and is yet to be published. I have a certificate from the department stating that I have written the said book.

Other Information

Sports - was a runner up at a national event in Table Tennis

Represented my college for cricket.

GMAT Score - I havent taken a GMAT recently. The last time I took GMAT, was around 5 years back and got a score of 650 (without any preparation). I hope to better this score. But forthe purpose of evaluation please proceed with this score.

Letters of reference -

They will be written by the Dean( Academics) of XLRI , and Chairperson for information systems underwhom I did my dissertation.

Edited by mk101