Urch Forums

Tinbergen vs OSU (ask for opinions)

Kroos

OSU, no question. Look at the people at OSU (Lee, Weinberg, Reagan, Kabowsky, etc) and look at the people at Tinbergen. No comparison IMHO. However, if you want to become more of a statistician/econometrician then Tinbergen might be the place for you.

OSU, no question. Look at the people at OSU (Lee, Weinberg, Reagan, Kabowsky, etc) and look at the people at Tinbergen. No comparison IMHO. However, if you want to become more of a statistician/econometrician then Tinbergen might be the place for you.

Thanks!

I think that what Bees said is not completely true. I believe, after some quick research on the web and asking around that TI is actually better than many think. If you see their 3 universities, in most of the rankings they place very good alone, so if you had to add their ranking they would end up really high. Apart from rankings, which as you know are only indicative about the general level of the university, if you pay attention to placements they're impressing. They actually look like the best in Europe (continental) to me. This being said, I have no clue about OSU :)

• 10 years later...