Urch Forums

Economics Masters - Tilburg vs. UC3M vs. Barcelona GSE

MAISHMAISH

Hi all -

I am in desperate need of advice, as time is short for me, so any comments or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

I have presently been admitted to Masters programs in Europe, and I am having a hard time in deciding what I should do...here's my admission status:

- Tilburg University: M.Sc. Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (1-year program, no funding)

- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics: M.Sc. Economics (1-year program, half tuition waiver)

- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid: Masters in Economic Analysis (2-year program, full tuition waiver and 1200 Euros per month stipend for TA-ship)

My interests tend towards microeconomics, quantitative economics, and econometrics, though I realize that I have not completely made up my mind either. I am willing to learn anything, really. My eventual goal is to pursue a PhD in economics in the US or UK, though I am not averse to staying in Europe. Should I choose either Tilburg or BGSE, I am also not averse to the idea of pursuing an additional research masters for a year in order to gain additional research experience and contact with professors for letters of recommendation.

What should I do? All things being equal, I feel that I should be in Madrid because of the money; however, I heard that their program was REALLY intense and that it was really hard to keep up (that being said, I am used to the pressure as my undergraduate experience was pretty rough as well). But should I accept such a program, given my future goals? Please advise soon, as I need to inform these schools by the middle of next week! Thanks!