Urch Forums

Have anyone taken the SAT 2 CHE, or is anyone gonna take it?

jessielee

Well... I took SAT2 Chem in May and it was pretty hard... I was kind of confident with my chem (I got A's throughout year and got 5 on AP exam) and i thought that i'm gonna get 800 on chem but it was not that easy(got 770).... there were few things i didn't know when i took the test. first the complex compounds. second the molecular properties. third chemical equations (well. i learned it but i forgot.... anyway...) basically SAT2 Chem was all concept things... you have to know what reacts with what to make residues and which compound has higher melting point, and that kind of things... I'm gonna take SAT2 chem in Nov again.... so.... let's keep it up!!!^^

Good luck for your SAT2 Chem prep!!!

ilzzuni, it would be unecessary for you to take the Chem SATII over again. The difference between a 770 and 800 is so miniscule that if colleges see that you took it over, they might actually put down the higher score because it looks like your an obsessive student who needs those perfect scores.

The SATII's in general don't have too much weight, so taking it over would be a disaster for someone who needs more time on other important parts of the application - essays probably being the most important now - so please, you really should re-consider not taking the test again. What will happen if your score is lower than your one right now?

• 5 months later...

hi!How r u?. i hope u r enjoing good health.i read your threads in Test Magic and i came to know u have taken SATII chemistry.This made you one of My friendi needed you badly.In my school no one is taking satII. so i have no guidence.Please guide me i promise i shall return your kindness

i want to ask you about

1)type of questions? conceptuals or nonconceptuals

i needed badly 800 marks how is it possible?. what i should read except my text book(text book is very week book it does not offer conceptual question)

From where i can get questions for exercises

thanks