Urch Forums

Essay grade?

elmarcom

can you check please?

Topic: Do you agree or disagree that "some people buy product not because they want, but because other people use it"?

Everyday we buy products to satisfy our needs – food, clothing, fuel and etc. But it is not secret that there are some goods we buy just because of luxury. We buy expensive cars, houses, mobile phones, computers – just for the reason that other people buy these things. It’s natural, since everyone tends to live in rich houses, drive expensive cars – all in all, live affluently. To illustrate, I’ll give examples and reasons and hence support my agreement with the topic.

To begin with, every human being has a tendency to buy expensive things. Obviously, it is the rule of the nature that a man does not want to live worse than other people. So, the fact that some people buy the products just because others do this must not surprise us at all.

To demonstrate the fact given above, let’s take a look at big companies. For example, BMW and Mercedes Benz. We all know that they are competitors and each of them tries to make better cars in order to conquer the trade market. For instance, if one of them invents something new, another one will either use this invention or make something better.

Similarly, this nature rule is apparent in the people of all ages – from a child to an elder man. As well as the leading corporations, children tend to have better things. Today, every child wants to have at least a mobile phone – not to mention a laptop. And they ask and even make their parents to buy these gadgets, and parents do buy – just because the others do this.

To sum up, I totally agree that some people, or even every human being, buys product just because others do it. And my reason and examples support my point of view.

can you check please?

Topic: Do you agree or disagree that "some people buy product not because they want, but because other people use it"?

Everyday we buy products to satisfy our needs – food, clothing, fuel and etc. But (use "however" instead of but; never begin a sentence with "but" )it is not secret that there are some goods we buy just because of luxury. We buy expensive cars, houses, mobile phones, computers – just for the reason that other people buy these things too. It is natural, since everyone tends to live in rich houses, drive expensive cars – all in all, live affluently (sentence seems vague..not everyone lives a luxurious life). To illustrate, I’ll give examples and reasons and hence support my agreement with the topic.

To begin with, every human being has a tendency to buy expensive things. Obviously, it is the rule of the nature that a man does not want to live worse than other people. So, the fact that some people buy the products just because others do this must not surprise us at all(again a vague sentence).

To demonstrate the fact given above, let’s take a look at big companies. For example, BMW and Mercedes Benz. We all know that they are competitors and each of them tries to make better cars in order to conquer the trade market. For instance, if one of them invents something new, another one will either use this invention or make something better.

Similarly, this nature rule is apparent in the people of all ages – from a child to an elder man(??). As well as the leading corporations, children tend to have better things(??). Today, every child wants to have at least a mobile phone – not to mention a laptop. And they ask and even make their parents to buy these gadgets, and parents do buy – just because the others do this.

To sum up, I totally agree that some people, or even every human being, buys product just because others do it. And my reason and examples support my point of view.

Sorry for being harsh but it seems to be a sort of vaguely written essay..the examples are fine but the essay requires some tuning..

Yes, I think the sentences are not clear. There are several vague sentences (like those I highlighted above). The thought process is right but the sentences seem to have grammar errors. In between you speak of a comparison between BMW and Mercedes..that seems out of context. Instead, you could mention them as luxury cars and how people want to own them just because their peers own the same.

Also, you can state examples of smartphones being a craze or how kids demand for expensive phones and playstations etc. just because their friends have them.