Urch Forums

March results

hema75

Thanks Mr. Park and Nasir for your congratulations.

For the pbt, the proctors will set the time for you for each section. You can't go back to do the previous section and can't do other sections while they tell you to do a particular section.

In listening section, you can see multiple choices while listening to the passage. I think that it is better to scan the multiple choices before listening to each question.

Good luck.

Edited by knok

• 1 month later...

Hi Knok,

Just want to thank you for the guidance and advices on toefl-pbt. I got my TOEFL PBT result and I could not believe that I scored 633 out of 660. I am really grateful since I struggled during the exam because I woke up 1:30AM and could not go back to sleep. I just slept for 2 hours the night before my exam. Midway thru the exam, I was feeling very dizzy and sleepy and I find it difficult to concentrate. I just mustered all the strength that I have just to finish the test. I missed some of the conversations in the listening part and a bit confused with the structure/gramamar portion. But I am happy I passed my exams. I am awaiting my certificate and hopefully I can land a pharmacy intern job. I really thank you for all your help in these exams.

kerkarkev

kerkarkev,

He is a guy, not a girl. He is the one who passed FPGEE in 2004. I remember Mohumud from Arizona and him since he asked me about how to request a test center in NJ but no more TSE, too bad.

Thank you for your congratulations. Same to you. I took TOEFL pbt in 1995-1996 before I went to graduate schools. I got a score of 590, 15 years ago before I lived in the USA but I studied very hard for it. I went to a tutoring school in my home country. I studied deligently about 6 months. However, at that time, I took GMAT as well. It helped me with the preparation of TOEFL pbt. Then after, I finished my first master's degree, I took TOEFL CBT to fulfill FPGEC certificate. I studied for CBT and received a score of 260 in 2002.

Pay attention to grammar section. I earned 64/66 on that section (15 years ago). Please memorize idioms in listening section. Every section is kind of tricky. You may make mistakes without knowing that. Writing score will not count in the total score of pbt.

Study head and do a lot of practice tests both reading and grammar. Memorize vocabulary. I hope that you will do your exam at your maximum potential. Sleep well the night before. Do not study the day before the test. When you do the questions, go fast. Don't get stuck in difficult questions. Every question is worth equal.

Best wishes.

KERKARKEV,

Congratulations! I can't be happier than hearing you finally passed the exam. You did a good job even though you got 2 hours of sleep. Awesome!

We all passed through the stage of pain and frustration. Now, I just finished my finals and am still very extremely exhausted with schools and all FPGEC process. I feel like that I don't have energy left to find a job. I think that I need 72 hours of sleep. The first thing I want to do is get my life back to a normal stage. Go wherever I want to go. Do whatever I want to do. Live like we were dying. I had no life for years.

Then, we have to come back to study for NAPLEX and law exam. :crazy:

Edited by knok