Urch Forums

GRE Edge Review

friendofafriend

It is not unusual for someone who has benefited from something to praise it, Cherub. And it is not that I went to the thousandth Google search result page and ferreted this thread out. You say I have better things to do; you do realize that someone can ask you that you also have better things to do than posting subjective negative reviews, don't you? I am very much a student, now in the final year of college; I don't have to provide credentials to prove that, I know I am being honest. And I do not wish to be branded an impostor by someone who is picky and authoritative about grammar and sentence formation and spelling, but has a certain disinclination to use the apostrophe.

I did benefit greatly by investing 7000 rupees in a GREedge course, and I am happy to endorse it so that people can give it a try, and view its features objectively, and use it properly to ensure that they get value for their money. When you do an online course on GREedge, you cannot blame the institute if you do not reap full benefits from it, as it is tailored so that you can use it at your convenience; you cannot expect your computer to shout out lessons for your coaching at 7 PM every day. Enroll for a six-month online package, and you can access it for every single second of those six months; go to a coaching centre with physical classroom teaching, and you get two hours a week. You decide. It always pays to look at what is good about something, and turn a blind eye to minor details (such as the interface) - beware, don't catch the shadow and let go of the substance. GREedge has some very good material and features; best of all being the unlimited practice tests it offers. I personally found GREedge very helpful, and I can say with perfect confidence that I owe a lot to GREedge for my score of 1560.

It all boils down to whether you are willing to appreciate what GREedge is trying to do, and take the responsibility of making the most of its features, or if you are intent on playing the blame game and depriving yourselves of its benefits.

hi all,

I am not a SFA of GRE edge nor a someone paid to write gud reviews. You can check my previous review abt gre edge. I now have a change of opinion abt the website. My verbal sfa was outta station due to some relatives death so he couldn't attend me. After he returned he really helped me a lot. The replies to the doubts were prompt. I feel that if you make use of the website properly it is worth paying the money.

"happy to endorse"???????? So are you the brand ambassador for Greedge...? :-D

"And it is not that I went to the thousandth Google search result page and ferreted this thread out" ( well honey, you don't have to visit the thousandth google search page to find this thread.... the first google search result page for "greedge reviews" can land you in this website. )

beware, don't catch the shadow and let go of the substance( well, i do agree to this proverb , but not in this situation... If the shadow is misleading, then it is wise to let go of it)

"unlimited practice tests it offers".... this was the trap i fell into.. practice tests do not have questions in the GRE format.......... It's way too tougher and consumes more time. And Greedge does not provide the accurate score range.

Well if people really want to join Greedge , then I can't stop them nor do i have the necessity to do so. I'm just voicing my views. Take it if you want to. :)

IN A WORLD THAT BELIEVES IN DARWIN'S THEORY OF "SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST", IT IS BETTER TO BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN ABILITIES, RATHER THAN BELIEVE IN MISLEADING EXTERNAL SOURCES!

BE WISER PEOPLE.... LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND TEACH OTHERS NOT TO COMMIT THE SAME .... AFTER ALL GENEROSITY AND HELPING NATURE IS WHAT SETS APART THE HUMANS FROM ANIMALS

Mr. Shalimar, how did you find this website? Looks like you have just posted twice and that too only regarding Greedge... This factor is proving a lot against you. Your claim of not finding this website through google search seems weak.

Your profile: View Profile: Shalimar - Urch Forums

There can be three possibilities

1)You might be Shalimar in real and the Greedge people might have come across these reviews and might have asked you to create an account in the name of Shalimar just to "ENDORSE" Greedge

2)You might be Shalimar in real, who has indeed google searched for reviews and found this website.

3) You might be just another Greedge Employee, trying to promote the Academy

As you have so rightly pointed out, little angel who wishes to conceal his (her? their?) name, this forum is the first thread when you google "greedge review". What I meant when I said I did not go to the thousandth page was, I did not spend a lot of time and energy in discovering this post, it is the first that appears in the search. And I have only posted 3 messages (including this one) because this is the only thread I have seen on this site, and the only thread I have business participating in.

My suggestion to you will be to keep to your work, and not dissect every single word and sentence people post in support of greedge. You can post your views, that shall suffice. I can think of no reason why an average, disinterested person would spend so much time and effort in playing Holmes when there is no need to.

Ahem.....who are you to decide if I'm average or not?

Just because you made a 1560 in GRE, does it mean that you are superior than all.... Did Greedge teach you that... I'm sure they would've.. they would've asked for your pic and for your interview so that they could boast about their academy with scores of their students.... No one has to teach Greedge about marketing strategies.. So a person like you, who thinks that the world is at his foot, might tend to think he's some celebrity because he's been asked for a picture and an interview.... Funny world which thinks that ending up with a score greater than 1500 in GRE is the greatest achievement that mankind can ever encounter.

A very close friend of mine who made a 1580 in GRE with a splendid Undergrad GPA, various other extra curricular activities and publications, got into Berkley and was much more humble than this.. There's lot more to life .... Its not like you have achieved everything in the world... Only through the blessings and good wishes of people can you achieve greater heights... remember that... Don't think that the world is at your foot just because you scored a 1560. Even Steve jobs would be more humble than you.... LOL

And for the last time.... What i intend to say is that... You did google search for greedge reviews, whether you found this website on the first page or the thousandth page.. So indeed you have been supporting Greedge by finding all bad reviews and trying to save their name...(you were the one who said that you google searched it). I do not have any necessity to reveal my name... why are you interested in finding out my name? Do you want to report it to Greedge so that they could contact me and try to ENHANCE their software and make improvements regarding SFA's by feedback...? However hard Greedge tries, they definitely can't do much about their SFA's who can hardly understand our doubts and clarify it in simple English.

It's one's personal wish to create profile names. Who are you to question that? Do you own this website?( even the website's moderator has no problem with my profile name). If you have something against my content, you can question me regarding that.. But getting into trivial details like profile names is too amateur... Get a Life!

Thanks to friendofafriend for initiating this thread and others like shan23..... god job guys.... God be with you :)

Cherub, I seriously don't know what your problem is. In the interest of people who want to view this thread for reviews of GREedge, I withdraw from this pointless argument that is heading nowhere. I leave it to people who read this thread to decide between humility and arrogance. Edited by Shalimar

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Few days back i registered with GREedge, heard from my friend. I thought of joining a course with them, but later i found this forum and changed my mind.

But still im confused, bcoz i can see both good and bad reviews here. Can someone help me out???

I received a mail from GREedge that I can opt for 7 days trial with trainers, also they mentioned that if I'm satisfied then I can enroll myself.

Anyone took this trial? will I get good training here????

I have not yet started my preparations, also I'm aiming for a decent score.

Please guys help me out in taking a good decision. Awaiting your response......

I completely agree with friendofafriend.I had the worst experience of my life with GREedge.com. I request all GRE aspirants not to enroll with this fake site and waste your valuable money and precious energy.They claim to be Asia's largest Online academy, but they are nowhere close to what you call the best.

They have a set of people whom they call as GRE advisors who will use lot of cheap strategies to push their programs

They tell you that they have a discount campaign going on which will end tomorrow just to make you buy. Also they threaten you telling that you won get good marks if you dont take their coaching.But the fact remains that they resort to all such methods because they are not really worth it.

The Software they use is not upto the standards. The questions keep repeating yourself and the feedback generated is also not very clear.The questions in the verbal section were so easy when compared to the GRE exam. I had a tough time in the GRE exam with the verbal section as they were compeltely different from the ones i practiced with GREedge.

They tell you that they provide 2 highly qualified personal trainers . The trainers can hardly speak english and also they will not be available to clarify your doubts.My trainer gave me an orientation call and after that i had to wait for a week to talk to him, as he told he was busy attending other students. In that case, why do they call them personal trainers????.....They are very keen to make you enroll , but they don care much after that.

They say that the questions are section adaptive but they are not.The difficulty level doesnt work the way it works in the actual GRE. Also most of the questions are repetitive and so its not much use taking lot of tests as you don learn anything new. So please be careful when you receive a call from GREedge. Do not fall into their trap and repent for the rest of your life.

Hi everyone!!!!!! My sincere advise to you is not to take up GREedge coaching. I hope you must have gone through all the reviews posted by the aggrieved persons.I had such a bitter experience with them and don want you to suffer. I am from a remote place in the North and do not have access to coaching classes and they capitalised on my situation and trapped me.But i seriously regret my decision now. They never delivered anything they promised.They will try to deceive you by tellin that there is a special discount campaign going , which will be going on throughout the year.They tell you that you will get 2 personal trainers, but am not sure if they have properly understood the meaning of personal trainers. The trainers did clarify my doubts, but it was only for the first week or so. After that they were really busy that they couldnt even reply to my questions. My quant SFA cudnt even speak proper english and i had a tough time in getting her message.You can find most of their questions in books like Barrons or Kaplans. They make a slight modification to it and claim to have their unique material.Also they don provide unlimited practice tests and also they are not GRE style ones.The scores will not be revealed and just the range would be told. They suggest a score range which you will get and trust me, the score i landed up in was nowhere close to their prediction.Make sure you don fall in the ditch. An ordinary man learns from his mistakes, whereas a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. I leave it to you to decide about your enrolment..

Hello Ms Priya, nobody is jobless out here to think of negative aspects of GREedge and post it out here.Just because someone does not reveal his identity, does not amount to the fact that the review is not genuine. It is because we have been deceived by them and do not want the same to happen to the other GRE test takers.Just wanted to make my point that instead of spending money on a online academy which lacks credibility, you can rather join a reputed coaching class or else do self preparation....You can see the no of negative reviews posted in this forum. However ,there are a few good reviews which have been posted by a few who could be the employees of their company or someone known to them to enhance their reputation.You have mentioned that you have made the full use of it and so am I. What was told to me during my conversation was not delivered....They are just keen to get your money and not bothered whether you are benefited by it.I was about to join TIME institute but these people somehow persuaded me using all their tactics and made me enrol with them.

They just exaggerate their features and try to entice you to join their program because they badly want people to enrol with them.They call you so many times and send you hell a lot of mails saying that the campaign closes in 2 days. But whenever you call the campaign will be on. And when you say that you are ready to enroll with them. Once you make your enrollment, they just don even care about you.They even assure you that you will reach a good score but that never really happens with them. I was told that the SFA'S are graduates from IIT,but am really sorry to say that it does not reflect in the way they interact or clarify my doubts The SFA's assigned to me, couldnt speak good english and i had to struggle because of that. I had a very tough time in my preparation and scored very low.

I would have been better off, if i had prepared on my own.... So people , its high time you all knew about GREedge.....

Edited by Erin
Merged some posts.