Urch Forums

Psychology-Chances of PhD?

psychenav

Hello all,

This is my first post ever and am eager to hear back from folks from here. I plan to app for a MS/PhD(preferable) in Cognitive neuroscience. The details of my profile are as follows. Before that, all of my experience till now are from India...

Profile:

GPA : 3.48 / 4

Psy subject GRE: 650

General GRE: Yet to take.

Degree:

- BA English Literature (Major) & Psychology (Minor) - 3 years

- M.Sc Counseling Psychology with thesis from Avinashilingam University, India - 2 years

Research experience and achievements:

- Gold medalist and University topper.

- Dissertation in Health Psychology (6 months). Presented and won national level best scientific paper award for the same.

- Internship in Counselling Psychology (6 months) - worked with cancer patients and their families

Work Experience:

- Academic Counselor for a nationally aclaimed training institute - 2 years

- Student Counselor for a residential school - 6 months.

One of my main worries is that my education and experience are not from within US. I would greately appreciate anyone sharing their experience on how universities value my education and experience. My dream apps are Stanford and Berkeley. I am open to any suggestions/comments from people here to understand what I need to do to even stand a chance for getting an admit :)

Thanks a lot !