Urch Forums

ECE-a question about requirement on documents translation

zzll

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well.

I am about to start ECE evaluation but I am still not clear about the NABP requirement on the translation of non-English documents.

It is stated in the application bulletin that "The translator must provide an attestation statement regarding the accuracy of each translation. Proof of the translator's credentials must accompany each translation. "

I'd like to know what the officer in the university that issued my degree should do. What should the officer write down specifically in term of this attestation statement? What is the proof of the translator's credential?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Dear zzll,

If the translated document is issued by your college where you got the degree, it's not necessary to get the attestation or translator's credentials either. You only need to make sure that "The official document must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the appropriate issuing body. A seal, stamp, or signature of an official must overlap the flap closure and the envelope." You may find this on page 18 in the FPGEC bulletin. It applies to the document preparation not only for ECE but also for NABP.

In my case, a stamp or signature of an official was that of the president of the University, which is a usual practice of the school when they issue an official document.

I hope it helps!

Good luck on your preparation.

Thanks a lot, phdlee. Now I feel much much better. Your answers really help!

I had read the part you referred to. But I was then completely confused by the requirement of translation. So I guess the stamps/seals are unnecessary to be translated neither, right? Can I send the official documents to ECE from USA rather than my university?

By the way, I am also in California. Was it hard for you to find internship both in community and institutional pharmacy? Was there specific time requirement for each?

Thanks again.

Best,

zzll

Dear zzll,

If the translated document is issued by your college where you got the degree, it's not necessary to get the attestation or translator's credentials either. You only need to make sure that "The official document must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the appropriate issuing body. A seal, stamp, or signature of an official must overlap the flap closure and the envelope." You may find this on page 18 in the FPGEC bulletin. It applies to the document preparation not only for ECE but also for NABP.

In my case, a stamp or signature of an official was that of the president of the University, which is a usual practice of the school when they issue an official document.

I hope it helps!

Good luck on your preparation.

I think it wouldn't be a matter where you send the document from as long as all the requirements are satisfied.

I have extra sets of translation-required documents in English from my university just in case, and now checked the envelop. It's sealed and stamped with the name of the president in English. I don't know whether or not it would be a matter if the stamp on the seal is not in English.

As the answer to your second question, I don't know yet. I just took the FPGEE test last Thursday and am preparing Toefl while I'm waiting for the test result. If I get to the point to look for an internship, I'll definitely update you.

Well, one thing I can tell you at the moment is that, last year, I sent my CV to a manager of a hospital pharmacy where a friend of mine from the same university works at as a pharmacist. I was told that I'll be considered as an equal candidate as other applicants if I fullfill all the requirements for the internship. My goal at the moment is to clear everything out first to be qualified for the internship.

Hopefully, this answers your question.

Good luck!

• 10 years later...

Hi all,

I am getting ready all the documents to apply for ECE evaluation for FPGEE general report. My documents are in English but the stamps and seals are not. I contacted the translator in order for the stamps and seals to get translated and they told me: “I recommend that you contact the receiving office to verify if our translation will be accepted as we won't be able to add the translator's credential since we are a translation agency and the stamp will just be represented as "[stamp]".. Am I required to translate the stamp word for word as well? Thank you for your help.