Urch Forums

Management / OB Literature

Nala88

Hey all - Incoming PhD in Management / OB student. I come from a MIS background and did a masters that was literature heavy. I'm well grounded in MIS literature and have read some of the "classics" e.g. Taylor / Porter on the management side of the house. My PhD proposal has now pulled me away from MIS and I want to start delving into the "classics" / "foundational" papers of Management / OB. Any suggestions on where to start? 

I know that's a big broad ask but in the same way that MIS has Yoo, Orlikowski, etc. I'd imagine OB has some papers/authors which every MSC student would read as a foundation to a org behavior degree regardless of relevance to their proposal topic. Any suggestions?

Hi Nala, OB is sort of weird. I feel like it's too broad to characterise 'classic foundational' papers. It really depends on which research topics that you are interested in. If can be more specific about which research areas interest you, then that might help people to help you as well.