Urch Forums

Current industry economist happy to take questions about life after my PhD (job markets, etc.)

gerazia

Hi All, 

I used this forum a lot when I applied for my PhD, and eventually got my PhD in Econ from Stanford. While at Stanford, for a couple of years I came back to answer questions for perspective students contemplating Stanford, but that was over a decade ago. Then life got busy. 

Now I am an industry economist in the financial industry by day, and still publish academically during my spare time (at a frequency of two or three papers per year), and of course I have a family and good life. One of my advisers once told me that to a serious economist, there are two hard currencies in this profession, money and publications. So I have been operating at the efficient frontier of those two currencies subject to my ability constraint  .

Happy to take any questions from those who are curious about my life as an economist after graduating. I remember my PhD experience fondly and am happy to answer questions about my experience as well for those who are interested, but things might have changed.

Good luck to all and hope all of you become successful economists.  

• Like 1