Urch Forums

Another profile evaluation (just for the heck of it and yes I'm a bit insecure)

asianecon

My understanding is that many schools cut offs are at 760, so it might be worth taking it again, even if you only do marginally better, to ensure that the adcoms see the rest of your profile.

If you read the posts above more carefully, asianecon did retake the GRE and got an 800. This post is originally from last June and she or he bumped the post to provide us with that update, thus spurring discussion.

Nonetheless, for other TMers, 750 and below quickly becomes significantly less than an 800 so you really want to get fairly close to a perfect score.

Hi Polka: Two thoughts--i) I did not see anyone else who said that they were interested in working with me, and ii) Asianecon worked (or is working) at UC and contacted me earlier but we had not fully connected to my satisfaction.

Hope this shows that I am an equal opportunity guy! I should be the last not to give someone a chance.

Best,

JL

Hi Polka: Two thoughts--i) I did not see anyone else who said that they were interested in working with me, and ii) Asianecon worked (or is working) at UC and contacted me earlier but we had not fully connected to my satisfaction.

Hope this shows that I am an equal opportunity guy! I should be the last not to give someone a chance.

Best,

JL

I was just joking for the most part, but once again that unseen information gets the best of us message board people.

I'm quite interested in your experiments this past summer with Dr. Abrams which were reported in The Chronicle. Unfortunately I haven't seen any follow-ups, although this research is quite recent.

Anyway, I'll have a chance to argue my case come December 15.