Urch Forums

Hoping to gain acceptance to UCSD

crazedchargerfan

I have applied as transfer for Fall 2007. With the help of three AP tests as well as attending two community colleges simultaneously I will have completed my 60 units by the end of spring (I completed two years in one). The classes I have taken nearly fill out the general Education requirements of Roosevelt college. I have a 3.5 GPA. I was curious what my chances are. I have heard conflicting stories on how hard UCSD is on transfer applications and was wondering if someone may know if i am even in the ballpark of what they are looking for. Also I have no Ds. My lowest grade is a single C in German 1. Any input is greatly appreciated!

As backups i have also applied to UCI and UCR.

hey crazedchargerfan! you're in luck! i went to UCSD for undergrad. I got admitted as a normal app outta college so I'm not too sure how strict they are on transfer students but i know a couple of friends who have gotten in with the same stats as you. I hope you have so good extracurriculars bc UCSD likes good grades and leadership skills/experience on the side. A lot of admittance decisions are also based on how well of a personal statement you submitted. well i wish you well and remember to post up your success stories on the forum! we would love to hear a followup!

• 4 weeks later...
I did try and speak to them about it but they were very rude and short with me. They told me had I done any resaerch before applying I would of known I needed that class. I never questioned needing it I was trying to explain my situation but they were not hearing any of it. Even though I do not have this class will they consider an appeal or put it in the rectangle in- box before even reading it? I also have some compelling personal reasons I lightly touched on in my app. In my appeal I could expand more I suppose.

It never hurts to appeal, and if you have a compelling story, especially a financial one, you'll have a chance. Try to explain yourself clearly, without getting too angry or blaming your counselors, as they simply may not believe you. Tell them that you'll be enrolling in a class in the summer and that you're confident that you'll do well once your accepted.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles...